Chapter Eighteen

Hey guys! This dedication is to my good friend. If you're into wolves and sharp shifters, go check out her book Luivian. She's truly an amazing writer and you'll all fall in love with it ^~^

Onto Sam's point of view:

-----------------

Sam's POV

This was it. She left. Isn't that what I wanted?

Pushing my hair out of my face, I fell to my knees, cradling my head in my hands. There was something about her that warmed my heart. There was something about that little ball of fire that I came to care for.

But I was doing this for her safety. She needed to know I didn't care, truth or not. This was to save her life. This was to save my sisters. Holding my breath, I dug my nails into the ground and let out a furious, blood chilling growl, and landed blow after blow into the soft soil that didn't deserve my furious punches.

I could remember the way she kissed me, the feel of her lips against mine, the warmth that spread through my body. I could remember the steady rhythm of her heart the night I asked her to be mine, as I laid my head on her chest and slept.

There was something about her that caused my heart to speed, that made me crave more and more of her. Holding my breath, I willed myself not to cry, my heart hammering against my ribs. Harder, faster.

"Sam?"

I turned to look at Ben, knowing I probably looked like a wreck. Hair a mess, bags under eyes, and white clothes stained to no tomorrow. "Yeah?"

"They have Massie. Apparently Star traded herself.... They want you to meet them at the lake."

I shifted, my bones popping, and my clothes became shredded pieces of fabric on the forest floor. My body became engulfed in rage that let off heat so strong, it made everything in my path become a sizzling item as I ran.

There was something about this that didn't make me feel well. Star was supposed to go home, be with Garrett, and all would be well. He said it would happen that way. That...that man.... He lied. And Star is going to pay the price for that.

Letting out a deep growl, I ran faster, my muscles flexing and pulling with each stride. I could see the lake coming into view, but I didn't see my sister. That enraged me even more.

Shifting, I pulled on shorts and clenched my hands into fists, growling. "Come out!" My voice echoed. Maybe I was alone. Maybe this was all a trick....

A small cry came from my right and I turned my head, seeing my sisters fragile little body be pushed out of the forests trees. "Sam! Run!" She yelled, tear tracks staining her face. I let my eyes rank over her, checking for any cuts and bruises, before looking to her eyes, seeing pure terror in them.

"Step closer to her and we will kill." Demetrius' voice rung out, coming out with his alpha behind him.

"Touch her, and I will kill you all slowly in front of your mates. Then I will kill them, and any of your children!" I yelled and growled, feeling my pack come out behind me.

"You said you'd let the girl go, Derek. Let her go." Ben spoke up, standing beside me.

He walked in front of his beta and chuckled, eyes dark and deadly. "Fine." He chirped, voice sounding happy, giddy, even. "Kill her."

"No!"

I shifted once more and ran towards them, hoping to take down the alpha first before Massie was killed. However, Demetrius grabbed his sword, and drug it across her neck, stopping me in my place as painful whimpers passed my lips. Her tiny head fell to the ground, body falling soon after, and I felt something in me snap.

My blood began to boil as I ran forward, locking my teeth around Demetrius' neck before giving a sharp snap to the right, his head falling and his blood pooled out of my mouth. I could hear Derek ordering the attack, but I was lost in the rage.

I killed everything in my path. But there was something stopping me. The familiar black hair of a girl I loved. I love.

"Sam, duck!" Star yelled and shifted to her wonderful wolf, tackling the wolf that was about to attack me to the ground. All of my senses were heightened to keep her safe. But watching her uncle pull the arrow back and fly it into her heart, I knew I failed.

I had failed to keep two people close to me safe.

Two people I loved.

I had nothing....