Chapter Seventeen

The back of the truck I was sitting in was stuffed. And by stuffed, I meant that I was stuck between overly buffed men who held guns in their hands, pointed at me, in case I had decided to run. Or hurt them.

I didn't, though. I was too trapped between these men to even consider the thought of leaving. I knew I was doing this all for Massie. Sam wouldn't be upset, Garrett would, but as of right now, I didn't care. Mainly cared for keeping the little girl safe.

The truck bounced against the road and I winced as my head connected with the top of the truck, and I felt a headache begin to form. I was left wondering if there could be anything more for Sam and I if I had stayed. If I had listened, and let them get Massie on their own. I don't think Sam and I could ever be, however. Not anymore. We were too different.

Trees flew past the tinted windows of the truck and I turned my head to watch them, looking out of the back window as they faded away. A sigh passed my lips and I turned back around, staring at the impossibly long patch of flat land that we sped past by. The man to my right was looking at me, I could tell that from the corner of my eye, so I turned my head to look at him, raising a curious eyebrow.

"Yes?" I asked, crossing my arms the best as I could as I winced, my head connecting with the top again.

"I'm just wondering why your uncle is so set out to get you. I mean, you're a smart and very pretty girl. I just don't understand it." He muttered and turned his head, staring out of the window.

Shrugging, I uncrossed my arms and grabbed the water bottle that lay on the floor, taking a long drink from it. Demetrius sat up front, looking at his phone, or back out the window. It helped me realize I would be stuck in this truck for a while, so suppressing a sigh, I at the bottle in my lap, propped my feet up on the back of the front seats, and closed my eyes.

Images of Sam raced through my mind and I felt my heart constrict, though I knew he was happy. However, part of me wished it was wrong. That part of me wished that Sam really did love me once again.

I could imagine his hair and eyes almost perfectly, almost as if I was looking at him. It was still dark outside, providing no sunlight which became easy for me to drift to sleep, Sam's face clouding my mind.

------

"Do you have her?"

"Yes..."

"Let the little girl go, then. Tell Sam he will find her by the lake on their territory."

"Where should I put her?"

"My room. Don't let her escape, either."

I lay in a mans arms, my head dangling back and would come out and hit his arm, which only fused a small migraine. The sun was shining dimly against my closed eyes, however I refused to open my eyes, awake or not.

"Is she still sleeping?"

Silence. "....yes."

"When do you think she will wake?"

The man shrugged and I felt my head turn sharply to the right, which made me use all of my self control to not hiss out in pain. As much as I wanted to wake and give these men a piece of my mind, (because his hand was dangerously close to areas it shouldn't), however I remained silent and "asleep", gathering as much information as I could.

"What do you think the alpha will really do with this girl?"

"Probably just hold her captive until Sam comes and fetches her."

My heart leaped at the thought of Sam, and I wanted more than ever to wake up and talk to him, however I knew Sam didn't want me. He made that clear before I decided to give myself up.

"Will the alpha really let that girl go?"

The second guy started laughing, almost as if he thought the man carrying me was an idiot. "Honestly? Probably not. He might just be dragging Sam there to launch the attack."

Attack?

I let out a growl and grabbed the man that held me, digging my claws into his arms before twisting myself out and kicking his chest, falling to the ground on my feet as he crashed into the house we were walking to. I could tell the other guy was getting ready to call out to help, I grabbed him by his head and shoved him to the ground, anger fueling.

"Don't. Call. If you do, I won't hesitate to rip your pathetic heart out." I growled and waited until he nodded, tears in his eyes. Grabbing the brick that lay beside us, I hit him in the head and knocked him out, cracking my hands.

Both men lay on the snowy ground, blood staining the white blanket. I stood and brushed off my clothes, pulling my jacket tightly around me as I looked around at my surroundings.

Nothing. No one in sight.

Running inside, I quickly searched for a phone, slamming doors and cabinets when I found nothing. My heart began to hammer faster as I realized everything I was doing was hopeless. If I wanted a phone, I'd have to look at the mens' pockets.

I closed one of the drawers I had open and ran outside, taking the brick against the guys head again as he began to wake.

Patting on his pockets, I let out a furious growl when I felt nothing, before I ran to the next guy, and did the same.

"No one has phones?" I whisper yelled, growling angrier by the second.

Somehow, I needed to let Sam and Garrett know of the oncoming attack. Somehow, I knew this would shape my future. This would help me become who I am. The legacy known to history.

--------------

Probably terrible x.x I'm sorries but I updated finally c:

Vote and comment your opinions? :3