Chapter 11: Good Girls Bad Guys

Sorry for the delay, but here is chapter 11. 

Title from Falling in Reverse :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellow. There was so much yellow. It surrounded me as i tried to keep my focus on the monotonous lecture the teacher was giving.

They say yellow is inspirational, but for me, it just reminded me of the heavy lump of dairy weighing down my pockets. Out of the corner of my eye, I also saw Eleanor staring at me. Why was I hallucinating like this?

I turned around sharply to glare at the girls batting their long, fake eyelashes at me. As their heads snapped back to the front of the room, I held a gaze with Eleanor. She didn’t seem to want to look away. Was it because of this cheese?

The lesson seemed to pass like a good feeling replaced by storm clouds. I overheard strange conversations as I passed through the corridor.

 “Poop”

“COFFEE UP MY ARSE, BITCH!”

“LICK, LICK.”

“THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID…”

“SURE IT WASN’T HIM?”

“OH, POSITIVE”

“WHY, DID YOU SAY IT?”

“OHHHH YOU GOT PARRRED!”

Oh the youth of today. I sighed. If this was in the 1900s, kids would never be like this!

Shaking my head at the modern stupidity of others "my age", I jogged home. The babe magnet seemed to have faded away now and i was being ignored by all the girls I passed on the way home.

But I no longer cared. 

The scenery around me all seemed to blend into one, never-ending nightmare. Everything was a nightmare without her. I was tempted to just give up my plan altogether. 

She'll never even notice me anyway I thought, wallowing in self-pity.

SMACK!

Being too absorbed in my own pitiful existence, I had managed to run at full speed into a girl. She was crumpled on the scorched pavement, platinum blonde hair coating her face at every angle. A pool of blood had already accumulated on the area around her. If she did not see a doctor soon, she would die. And it was all because of me. 

Pushing those thoughts aside, I scooped up her frail body and ran. 

^^^^^^^

To say I was panicking would be an understatement. I paced outside the girl's hospital room, hoping that it would help. But all I could see was each drop of her blood splashing on the pavement. A doctor then emerged from the room. She wore a grave smile and had charcoal circles surrounding the otherwise pristine make-up smothering her features.

"You are the patient's boyfriend, I presume" She said, a tired smile encroaching on her lips.

 No.

"Err... Yes ma'am" I figured lying was better than explaining what really happened.

"Well then, I am afraid it is bad news."

Not that any God would listen, but I prayed anyway. Every inch of my existence was hoping that I didn't just kill a woman.

"She has fractured her skull in two places and has a severe concussion. Also, the fact that she fell unconscious consequently means that she is now comatose and may never wake up."

I froze. There is nothing more shameful than harming a woman.

Unable to stand it anymore, I shoved past the doctor into the hospital bay. My shaking hand rested on the cold steel of the door handle, dreading what awaited me inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~