Four

I woke up, with my hands still wrapped around my belly. My dad was sitting in the corner of the room, asleep with his arms crossed and head against the wall.

I bit my lip and looked around the room. It was all dark, but I could vaguely see that there was a stuffed looking bag with different names of cities all over it in rainbow colors next to his chair.

I sat up, trying not to be too noisy and put on a pair of tracksuit blue bottoms and a baggy grey shirt that had a white zebra on it that were by my bed.

There was a loud groan from the other side of the room and walked out of the room, leaving the lights off so he could sleep a little more.

I don’t know exactly why I left. I guess I just wanted to go exploring… who am I kidding? I didn’t want to know what my dad was going to say. After mom and dad had stormed out of the room, I was sort of scared to speak to them.

I walked down the hall, just like I had done two days ago and turned the corner. There were people everywhere. I walked down to the end of the corridor and came to some stairs.

Up or down? Hmmm. Up I guess.

I went up and came to a big hall filled with people. Some were sleeping, others were drinking coffee. There was a receptionist in the middle of the room with a blonde lady looking through some files. The chairs with people were behind her in a U-shape.

I scratched my head not quite knowing what to do. There were some more corridors, one straight ahead past the group of people and one to my left and right.

The receptionist looked up and caught my eye just as my stomach made a rumbling noise.

“Are you alright?” she asked sweetly with a loving smile

“Hi.” I said awkwardly as I walked up to her “I was just wondering, can I get something to eat around here? I’m sort of starving.”

“But of course the canteen is just to your left and down the hall. Just tell the guys there you’re a patient and they’ll whip you up something delicious.”

“Thanks!” I said as I paced away

Come on baby. Let’s go get some food.

I half-walked half-ran down the corridor away everyone who looked up. There was a snack machine filled with Cadburry’s, Bounty’s and Marsbars.

I want it. A voice in my head said.

I walked up to the machine and put my hands against the glass. Shit, I don’t have any money.

“What ya looking for?” I turned around, shocked, to see a tall guy with brown wavy hair that perfectly shaped his face staring at me with a beautiful pair of brown eyes. He was sort of American model looking.

“I’m not sure yet” I said awkwardly looking down at the floor

“How can you not remember me?” He laughed

“I’m sorry, who are you?” I grinned, this guy was cool

“My name’s Liam, I’m one fifth of One Direction.” He smiled

Zayn’s band. Now I remembered, he was one of the guys standing behind Zayn when he came to see me.

“Ohh, we’ll it’s nice to meet you… I guess.” I said happily, half-laughing at my weirdness

“Do you need some money? You’re going to have to start eating more.” He laughed as he got out his brown wallet

“Wait… you know… about that thing?” I whispered with scared eyes. I looked around to make sure nobody could hear us.