«10»

Roxi

I was awoken by loud screaming of pain. It shook me out off the bed and I hit my head on the nightstand and growled in fustration. Then Lilac sceamed in anguish again and when I gazed up at her, her eyes were filled with streaming tears. And I jumped onto her bed to grab her hands.

"Lilac?"

"I told him not to go but he did. Daddy went through the gate and someone was waiting for him on the otherside." She said hugging herself and wailed. I embraced and patted her hair softly to calm her down. I felt her fresh wet tears on my shoulder as she weeped. "Someone's killed dad." She sniffled.

"No one's killed him Lilac. It was just a dream." I said soothingly.

"Where's dad? Where is he? I need to be sure I... I... I can't..."

"He went out early this morning to meet someone at some pub. Lilac it was only a nightmare. It wasn't real, your dad is alive." I declared and she started to take deep breaths to relax her. I wiped away her tears and stared softly into her tired puffy red eyes.

"I have to call him to make sure." She sniffled again and wiped her nose while getting out of bed and rushed downstairs to the home phone. I searched around for the time and realised we hadn't set up the alarm clock. I rushed over to our bags and went through to find Lilac's old little watch. It's small, silver and shiny under sunlight. Lilac never wears it because it's too big on her slim thin wrists. When I checked the time my eyes widened and I gasped.

"Shit! Lilac!" I shouted jumping up and going through my clothes. "Half an hour till school starts!" I cried out pulling on my baggy blue jeans, my black long sleeved turtleneck top and grabbing my run down sneakers. I brushed my hair and left it loose to cover the scars under my jaw.

"Which pub is he at?" Ugh right he has no phone... How could I forget that?

"You can't call him now Lilac. Besides I don't know this town I don't even know what school we go to!"

"He left a sticky note on the kitchen bench. Uh..." She paused to read the note. Of course he's prepared... He's always a few steps ahead of us. "I... I can't read the writing..." Of course not! I growled at myself. "But there are directions he's written down." I rolled my eyes and rushed down stairs heading for the kitchen where Lilac stood in her white man shirt and nothing else.

"Get dressed! 25 minutes!" I exclaimed and she huffed about to walk past me but I grabbed her arm and then cupped her face analysing it. "You Ok?"

"Yes I'm just thankful it was all a nightmare." She then we hugged. "It felt so real..."

"Shh... He's alive and probably stuffing his face somewhere with chips." I said and she giggled on my shoulder so then I smacked her butt and ordered her to get dressed. I found a set of writing books Mr Valentine must have left for us to use for school so I took them and stuffed a few in my brown leather bag then a few more in Lilac's black one. Which she spray painted a red rose on the front of it.

"Alright ready and the note says it's within walking distance." Lilac said as she raced down the steps in a mini black skirt with a chain hanging off it, her big black knee high lace up boots, fish net stockings and so the bottom half of her is gothic but she has a white tiger muscle tee. The tiger has really vibrant blue eyes that look amazing. Then there's her pretty flawless face, naturally long lashes and black hair tied down to rest on her shoulder.

"Hooker." I teased then her moon necklace winked at me under the light coming from the window.

"Let's go before we're late." I tossed her bag to her which she caught effortlessly and hanged it over her shoulder. While I hanged mine over my shoulder and we headed for the front door.