Chapter 14: Hit the Floor

Yui thought Nodoka was joking when she said 'former' best friends. The joke ended there, when Nodoka knocked Yui right back down onto the floor. 90% of the time, Yui was flat on her back. She couldn't find any response to how well Nodoka wielded her scythe.

"Maybe I'll take this time to say... is that all you've got?" Nodoka taunted, adjusting her glasses again, which only prompted Yui to kip-up from her position.

"Hell no." Yui responded. "I've got 2 minutes. I can beat you in that time." She could tell how long she had by just looking the nearly-faded out white orb next to Nodoka.

"I highly doubt it now that I know your level of ability... you're such a disgrace. Still, orders are orders. I have to wipe you off the face of the Earth."

"AS IF YOU CAN!" Yui screamed as she ran straight towards Nodoka again.

"You need to learn a new trick, dog." Nodoka sideswiped her again. Yui, however, learned over the 9 times she was knocked down. The moment Yui detected the scythe about to reach her, she jumped, used her electricity to magnetize herself onto the blade, and off the momentum of the swing, jumped off of it and kicked Nodoka in the face. All the student council president could do was eat leather to the face, as the force of the kick knocked her glasses off of her and sent her flying back, landing with a hard thud. Yui landed on both her feet, but the damage she's taken forced her to fall to one knee.

She thought, with that decisive blow, she had won it. However, that was just one blow out of the many she's tried to pull, which would mean Nodoka was still pretty strong at this point. She could only look as her opponent got up. Nodoka clutched her face, feeling around and noticing her glasses aren't on her face. She didn't mind the pain at all.

"You... Yui... You..." She muttered incoherently, before bursting out into an insane scream.

"N-Nodoka...?"

"Hehehehehe..." She snickered as she clutched her wound. "I've never been hurt THAT badly before..." Yui knew something was wrong. This definitely wasn't the Nodoka she knew. In fact, this Nodoka happened to be the complete opposite of what Yui knew of her.

"Nodoka, what's gotten into you?" Nodoka glared at Yui, the guitarist noticing the difference in Nodoka's eyes. The glasses hid away Nodoka's new attitude, which were probably obtained while working for Mio.

"What's gotten into me? That's a stupid question to ask, Yui... but thanks for giving me that hard kick to my face... as a reward, I think I'll send you to Hell like I'm supposed to!" She yelled, charging it at twice the speed she previously was moving at.

"F-Fast!" Before she could even react, Yui felt pain in her stomach as a result of a VERY hard punch by Nodoka. A sick grin was etched on Nodoka's face as she delivered a spin kick straight to Yui's chest, knocking her flat on her back once more. This new attitude was far beyond with Yui expected, but thanks to this, she isn't getting any breathing room, as she saw and felt her 'best' friend stomp her hard while she was down. "AAGH! N-NODOKA! STOP IT! T-THIS ISN'T YOU! OOOW!" She kept crying out to her, but Nodoka wasn't listening. Her hatred and jealousy had turned into a destructive force, and she was taking it all out on the one person who 'betrayed' her. Each kick she administered was made of hate and anger. Nodoka then maliciously kicked Yui hard in the stomach to force her to roll over.

Yui didn't have much answer for that. Each shot had taken more and more out of her, much to the point that she couldn't quite get up. The pain was too much for her. However, she could hear the loud scraping the scythe made when its blade was being dragged across the ground. She tried her best to even get back to her vertical base, but the pain was too much, so all she could do was crawl away, but the scythe hit the spot right next to Yui, forcing her to stop. Nodoka then picked Yui up by her hair, with every intention to finish the job.