Chapter 3: Mio - Desecration

'So I sit here... waiting... waiting for something...' She thought to herself. The new 'princess' of all of Japan sat there, head rested in the palm of her hand, bored out of her wits. She tried desperately to do something, but all she could do was bring out a water ball, her element passed down the same way Ritsu's ability came about, and started bouncing it on the wall, catching it in her hand every time.

As she played, so many thoughts came into her mind. All of it mostly about everything's that happened so far; How she became the new 'princess', how it all happened, what had happened during their concert... but one name kept flashing into her mind.

"Ritsu..." She mumbled to herself. It's the one thing she just can't have now. 'She's mine now though... and I'll get her to join me for life...' She thought to herself. She's already gotten her best friend cornered and locked up, so nothing could go wrong...

Or so she thought.

She heard footsteps coming up the staircase of her new Tower. She could detect distress, and heard someone panting. Soon she heard a little groan, as if someone had fallen, and then back to normal footsteps again.

"You have bad news, don't you...? Nodoka Manabe?" She didn't bother to turn to the girl with the glasses, who was panting hard from the long stair run.

"G-gee... how did you know?" Then, for some reason, the perspiration on Nodoka's face slowly flew towards Mio's fingers.

"All this... sweat. You've been perspiring a lot... are you nervous, Nodoka?"

"M-me? Nervous? P-please, Mio." But the 'princess' can tell immediately.

"You're not a very good liar, Nodoka." The former student council president knew the jig was up. She couldn't avoid Mio anymore. "So... is Ritsu doing fine, Nodoka? I hope you're treating her well. She IS my best friend after all."

"See... that's the thing I wanted to talk to you about-!" Before she could even conclude, Mio jolted up from her seat, a katana in her right hand and attempted to slash at Nodoka. As an act of self-defense, she managed to parry the 'princess's attack with a weapon of her own; she held in her hands a scythe, and used the middle part of the scythe handle to parry it. "Gh... I guess you're not one to let others finish, aren't you?"

"I know what's going to come out of your mouth, Nodoka, and I am NOT happy with what you're planning to say." Nodoka managed to get a good hold of her scythe in the meantime.

"Well then, stay unhappy, Mio. Ritsu escaped from prison, and I'm doing the best I can to re-capture her!" She then dashed straight for Mi, reeling her scythe back and swings wildly at her, but Mio was too quick, and too skilled, for her, as she quickly jumped over the swing and delivered a beautiful kick to the side of the head of Nodoka, the impact nearly knocking the glasses off of her. The shot sent the student council president flying, but she managed to recover quickly, preparing herself for anything else.

"Hmph... not bad," She then extended her free hand to her side. Soon after, a water blade materialized. She grabbed hold of it and went back into her fighting stance. "But I highly doubt you have enough to defeat me."

"I'm not even here to fight you, Mio... you were the one who attacked me, and I just defended myself." She holds out the scythe, and in a flash of light, the scythe disappears from her hand. Mio then walked up to her and place the tip of the sword at Nodoka's neck. For some reason she didn't feel any sort of nervousness in her this time around.

"Scared, Nodoka? Scared that I might just... lop your head off?" She places her sword at the side of Nodoka's neck, almost attempting to slice it right off.

"I'm not scared of you, Mio." That answer was enough to convince Mio, as she sheathed her sword, turning away from her.

"So... she's escaped."

"I couldn't stop her... she suddenly tried to burn me from the inside with some... witchcraft or something." All Mio did was chuckle.

"Witchcraft... it doesn't even cover what me and Ritsu are cursed with."

"I... I don't see how it's a curse, Mio." The 'Princess' then put on her hooded sweater and started walking off. "I mean... you did this to help, right?"

"Help... you could say that. Though I don't see how it's helping when all you do is making people suffer... and besides, Nodoka, you don't even have this power, so you wouldn't understand how WE'RE suffering right now." After picking up a rucksack, filled with unknown items, she immediately headed into the elevator. "Go home, Nodoka. I'll think about your punishment." As the doors of the elevator shut, Nodoka just looked on, sighing.

"Geez..."

'The streets never looked so dead...' The 'princess' thought to herself. "Then again, this is what happens in the Dead Hour... everyone disappears... and I'm the only one walking around." She looked around, up and down the tall buildings. All she could see were pictures of her from Mio 'worshippers'. The very fact that she had such people worshipping her baffled the bassist. 'Why?' The word keeps echoing in her mind. But now this was no time to think, now was just her time. She walked into an alley, and at the first untouched, empty wall she saw, she stopped, dropped her bag and opened it up. Inside were several cans of purple spray paint. She took one out and shook it up a bit, opening it and started vandalizing the wall with her own 'art'. It might be strange, but this was her way of calming herself.

However, her moment of calm was disrupted when three needle-like objects pierced the wall, one of them right in between Mio's fingers, forcing her to drop the spray paint can. She looked back to find her assailant, who was squatting on the edge of a rooftop. The hair was all too familiar to her.

"So this is what the 'princess' does on her time off, huh? Real classy, 'your majesty'." The assailant said as she jumped down to Mio's level.

"Hmm... Hirasawa's friend, I presume?" She asked.

"You know it, Akiyama Mio... especially since you're the last person who saw her." Mio had that eerie smirk on her face.

"Oho, really now? I'm guessing even Jun the Silent still has a heart."

"Where IS she, Mio?" The jazz guitarist asked, with great restraint to just blatantly punch her.

"Hmm, I'm not sure... last time I checked, I was slapping her around, abusing her AND beating the living Hell out of her." This just infuriated Jun.

"WHY I OUGHTA!" She dashed in to punch her, but Mio caught it like it was nothing. "G-gh!" She tried to pull away, but Mio seems to be too strong for her. The bassist then pulled her in to whisper to her, with that cruel tone she's known for.

"Who knows, Jun... you might be too late to save her, you pathetic worm... she may already be dead." Jun gritted her teeth at those words and aimed a strong knee to her gut, this time connecting with authority. Mio groaned and backed off, giving Jun enough time to pull out her katana.

"I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" She immediately dashed in and swung down on the 'princess', but found herself in a clash of steel soon after, as Mio had drawn her katana as well.

"Well then... I guess you can help me calm down." She grinned, a sign that meant she'll enjoy every little piece of action now. Jun pushed Mio away and backed off a safe distance.

"I don't know what I might be getting myself into, but Hell... I'm not losing to you, not after what you've done!"

"Then come at me, Jun. Come at me with your hatred!"