8

Zach POV

Alice and I are happy. We are as happy as I could ever fucking be in my life. I just hope that this one secret doesn’t hurt us even though I need to tell her but I can’t. I can’t lose the one thing I love the most because if I do... I know that i’ll lose myself too.

*Two months before graduation*

I looked at Alice and she looked at me with hurt in her eyes. I bit my lip to keep the tears from coming. I went to step towards her but she backed up fast. Alice and I are now over because I made the mistake of kissing and letting Alex get her way with me at a party. I don’t know why I did but I was just pissed drunk.

 *Flashback of two months ago*

“Hey baby!” I heard Alex yell over the music. I rolled my eyes and took another drink.

“What do you want?” I asked and she put her hand on my chest.

“We’re Alice?” She asked looking around.

“At home. She’s grounded.” I said sadly. I wanted Alice here so badly. I need her here but I can’t find away around her parents.

“Well that’s too bad.” She said and leaned up and kissed me. I dropped my cup and stood there stunned before the alcohol took over me. I wrapped my arms around her waist picked her up and carried her to my room. Why was I doing this? I love Alice not her. I wanted to stop myself but I couldn’t. Nothing would let me stop.

Not even the mention of her name.

*End of Flashback*

“Baby i’m so sorry” I said with my voice cracking and tears strolling down my cheeks. I watched as she shook her head and back up.

“Why? Why did you wait this long to tell me? Why did you even sleep with her in the first place!?” She yelled and I winced.

“Baby I didn’t mean to!” I yelled back.

“You have no right to call me baby. I am not your baby anymore” She said with her voice full of hurt.

“No. No baby girl don’t do this!” I fell to my knees and when she turned around I grabbed her wrist. “Baby girl please stay. I need you” I said but she just pulled away and started to run. I put my hands on the ground supporting myself from falling. I started to breath heavy and I felt my body tremble. I hurt the one I love. I broke the promise. I broke every promise I have ever gave her. What the fuck is wrong with me?!

I then stood up trying to gain what I had lost but failed. I couldn’t gain what I lost because the one thing I had was gone. There is only one thing to do. I started running until I got to Scott’s house. When I burst through the door and went to his room. I saw him laughing with Valerie.

“Guys I just mad the biggest mistake of my life.” I said trying falling to the ground.

“What do you mean?” Val asked and I looked at her.

“I s-s-slept with Alex.” I said and Tears strolled down my face again. “I was really drunk and nothing could stop me. I tried everything but the alcohol wouldn’t let me.” I said and they rushed over to me and hugged me tight.

Alice POV

I ran not knowing where to go. I couldn’t go to Zach’s or to Scott’s so there is only one place I can go to. I ran to Raechel’s house and knocked on the door. She opened it up and pulled me inside.

“Alex just told me what happened. Alice why did he do it?” She asked and I hugged her.

“He was drunk. Being drunk is no excuse to cheat on your girlfriend. I loved him Rae and I still do.” I said and cried again. She tried to calm me down but nothing worked. I just cried as we stood there.

“Come on. You must be tired.” She said and I nodded. We headed up to her guest room and I went to the bed and laid down. She said something but I didn’t hear because I put the covers over my head. I then soon kicked off my shoes off and fell asleep crying because the one I love hurt me.

*Two years Later*

“When is she going to wake up? They said she would three days ago.” Said a boy. I went to open my eyes but all I saw was a bright light so I closed them fast. I then tried again but very slowly this time. When I finally had them all the way open I looked around the room and saw my mom, dad, little bother and sister and Zach. Wait Zach!? I looked at him and he had a few scraps on his face. I then tore my eyes away from him and looked at my mother.

“What happened?” I asked and she sighed.

“Honey you were in a car accident a week ago. Zach saved you” She said and I looked at Zach and he mad his way over to me.

“Did you really save me?” I asked and he nodded and took my hand. I wanted to pull it away but I have been longing for his touch for two fucking years. He looked at me and leaned down and kissed my forehead.

“I promised to protect you and to keep you safe.” He said and I looked down.

“You broke that promise remember?” I said as I felt tears prickle my eyes. I looked at the hand that he was holding and it was in a cast.

“Alice, you broke two ribs, your wrist, and got glass shoved into your side.” Zach explained. I looked up at him and felt a tear roll down my face. I quickly wiped it away and pulled my hand from his.

“Alice there is something you need to know” My mother said and I looked at her.

“Like what?” I asked and she sighed.

“Your car accident was a real accident. Alex tried to kill you” She said and I laughed.

“Wouldn’t be the first time ma” I said and sighed. “Can I go to sleep? I’m still tired.” I said and they all nodded and left except Zach.

“I’m staying. Alex has came in here every day to do something so i’m not going to take the rise of her hurting you again.” He said and I nodded and turned on my side. I winced in pain but I didn’t care. I soon felt my eyes getting heavy. The last thoughts that I had before I fell asleep where:

Why did he come back after what he did?