Three

I'm gonna give you the slip
I'll walk down the mall
Stand over by the wall
Where I can see it all
Find out who ya call
One way or another I'm gonna getcha

____________

December 6th

Zayn:

Grabbing my sketchpad off of the old desk that sat in the coroner of my bedroom and a sharpened pencil, I plopped myself a seat on my bed with my back leaning up against the headboard. I flip through my sketchpad to find all my old drawings at the front and as I continued to flip towards the back the more recent the drawings were. The last one that I had drawn was a very poor outline of batman that I never really finished. I had planned on finishing it, but I guess I had forgotten about it.

I turn to the next page to reveal one of the few blank pages that I have left. This sketchpad was almost completely used up which meant one of two things: one, I needed to get my ass out and buy another sketchpad and second, I needed to somehow figure out a way to get some cash into my wallet. Not only was I needing to buy a new sketchpad but I was running low on supplies as well. Almost all my markers have dried up from me not putting the cap on all the way, my cans of spray paint are half empty if not more, and I seemed to be losing all my pens and pencils somehow.

Now that I think about it, I don't even know how I've managed to own so many supplies in the first place. I mean, my parents always get me new drawing supplies for Christmas and my birthday, so I guess over the years all of it has just built up.

Taking a quick swig of my glass of water I begin picturing the image in my head that I've been wanting to draw for the past three days. It's been stuck in my mind and it won't leave unless I sketch it out. That's why all my sketchpads get used up so quickly because once I get an image stuck in my head I have to draw it out. Then as soon as I sign my name off at the bottom I don't bother glancing over the drawing to make sure it was the way I want it and instead close my sketchpad. Don't ask why, I just do it. And that's why half the time I don't even remember what I've drawn until I look back at the drawings a few weeks later.

I keep the image locked in my brain as I bring my pencil down onto the white paper. Drawing lightly–so if I mess up it'll be easy to erase–I begin sketching out the outline of my drawing which is what I always do first. I sketch out the outline with a light hand then go back in with a more steady hand to draw in the details before going back and shading everything in at the very end.

From that moment on everything was a blur to me. I became so focused on what I was drawing that somebody would have to pry the sketchpad away from me to get my full attention. There could have been a fire starting somewhere in my house and I wouldn't even notice it, that's how focused I was.

I remembered when I had started the sketch it was around eighty-thirty in the morning. When I had finished I looked at the time on my night stand to see that it was almost two o'clock in the afternoon. It had taken me a little over four hours to complete the sketch. My hand was a little numb from not taking a short break during the course of those four hours, but it was definitely worth it.

After scribbling my name out on the bottom of the page along with today's date I close my sketchpad and get up to place it back on my desk. I put all my supplies back where they were beforehand then lay down on my bed with my arms behind my head.