hatred.love.1

Dear Love,

You. I can finally talk to you, since I have never actually seen you before. But, I've heard things about you. I don't know if it's true or not, but I choose to believe their words about you. Their always talking about you, my friends I mean. Even though all of the people around me keeps talking about you, I could never understand the point of you being in everything.

Being in every pain, every death, every sadness. You're always there, you're everywhere. You're the one who caused all of the destruction in this world. Racism, the love for their own skin color brought them to go against the person with a different one. Sexism, the love for their own sex makes people think that women can't do the things that men can do, and vice versa.

Why don't people understand that you're the main cause of the wars that happened, the reason of people killing each other, the motive of massacre.

You're dangerous and you're always around us, around me. And I could never shake you off because you're always sticking beside me. I see you in my parents' eyes, my friends'. Maybe that's the reason that's holding me back. You.

It's not that I love the people around me, it's cause they love me. They care for me and that feeling is why I feel guilty leaving the ones who loves me. I can't imagine the pain they would've feel if I left them, I'm just not strong enough.

-adrienne