Chapter 23: You Have Like Super Strength*

Max's POV:

"And I am done for a break," I said.

"And I am back on my shift," Alex said groaning.

"Don't be so lazy Alex. I work longer than you do and I also have fights," I said whispering the last part.

"You are fit and I am not. Let's just say that," Alex said.

"You should start working out with me Alex. You should learn some self-defense skills anyways. They are very helpful," I said.

"Maybe I will start, maybe, before I get your hopes up," Alex said, "Well good luck to me." I chuckled to myself and saw Alex taking some orders.

"Hey Max," Ace said standing by the counter.

"Hey Ace, what's up?" I asked.

"Are you on your break?" Ace asked.

"Yeah, but if you want to order anything, I can take it for you," I said adding the last part.

"No I just wanted to ask you something," Ace said.

"Go for it," I said.

"My mom wants to invite you over for dinner tonight," Ace said and I guess I saw a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"Hold on let me check in with Tom if I have anything planned," I said pulling out my phone and looking at my schedule. Luckily, I didn't have any fights planned today.

"Yeah, I am free tonight," I said.

"You can also invite your Mom and Macy," Ace said.

"Okay, can't wait," I said excitedly.

"Well I have to go, my mom is making me go grocery shopping," Ace said and I laughed.

"Have fun with that!" I said sarcastically.

"Back 'atcha Max with your shift," he said and I laughed. After I finished my shift, I went home to get ready for the dinner.

"Hey Mom," I said walking into the kitchen.

"Hi darling," Mom said.

"Um, Ace's mom invited us over for dinner today. Can you make it?" I asked.

"I wish I could sweetie. I have to cover a shift for one of my coworkers because she had to take care of her kids," Mom said, "You and Macy go okay? There will be other dinners."

"Mom, you worry about work too much, just take a break?" I asked, "Do I have to remind you that I have a good salary? I mean I can afford a motorcycle and a Lamborghini."

"I know Max, but I want you to save that money for your future. Like if you want to continue school or for your house. Just have fun without me today alright? I promise that I will make it up to you," Mom said.

"Okay Mom," I said sighing, "Just make sure that you get something proper to eat okay?"

"Yes sweetie. If it makes you feel better I am getting a sandwich at the place near my work," Mom said and I nodded.

"You better eat or else I will have to call your boss and ask him to buy you food," I said warning her.

"You will do nothing of the sort," Mom said and we both laughed.

"But seriously Mom," I said.

"I swear it seems like you are the Mom not me," Mom said with her hands on her hips and I rolled my eyes.

"Well I want to make sure that my Mom is healthy," I said and Mom smiled.

"Thank you honey," she said and I smiled.

***

"Max, you have to let me help you get ready!" Alex begged over the phone as I finished putting on my foundation.

"Alex, I am already starting on my makeup so if you want to come over, you better do it now," I said.

"Okay, I will be over in a minute," Alex said and hung up on the phone. I put on some other powders and creams for my face until Alex barged into my room.

"Jeez lady," I said as she started to raid through my closet. My clothes were flying across my room as she searched my closet for a decent outfit.

"Did you find anything?" I asked.

"No, you have such cute clothes and I can't pick the perfect one," Alex mumbled.

"Find something that looks cute with a natural makeup look," I said and Alex nodded.

"This is a casual dinner right?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, just dinner with Jean, Martin, Ace, and Jayden," I said.

"Okay, I am thinking of this outfit," Alex said pointing to the outfit laid out on the bed. It was my favorite blue and white Aztec print skater skirt with a simple white tank and a light wash denim jacket. With it, Alex paired a gold statement necklace and my brown braided sandals.

"Ooh cute," I said taking a look at the outfit.

"Go change," Alex said while pushing me into my bathroom. I closed the door and changed into the outfit. I put my hair into a topknot and wrapped a brown braided hair tie around it. I walked out and Alex did a dramatic hair flip.

"And Alex never ceases to amaze," Alex said and I laughed.

"Thanks, you are a life-saver when it comes to clothes," I said.

"I know, I am here all week," she said and I playfully slapped her.

"You have like super strength Max. Your light slaps are my normal slaps," Alex said rubbing her arm.

"You are such a drama queen," I said rolling my eyes. I put my phone in a cute cross body bag and grabbed my keys. I walked into Macy's room and saw Mom brushing her hair.

"Ready to go?" I asked and Macy nodded, "Bye Mom."

"Bye sweeties. Have fun okay?" Mom asked and Macy nodded. She ran over to Mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I walked over and kissed my Mom on the cheek too. Macy skipped downstairs and I followed after her. She got inside of my car and I pulled out of the driveway.

"I am excited to see Jayden again!" Macy said excitedly.

"You see him like everyday Macy," I said.

"I know, but he is my best friend!" Macy said excitedly and I chuckled.

"Well I am happy that you are happy," I said.

"I am always happy Max," she said and I pulled up into Ace's driveway. Macy and I got out of the car and went to the door. Macy pushed the doorbell and soon Ace opened the door.

******************************

GIF of Bridgit Mendler (Alex)

Happy New Years guys!!!!! It's 2017 and we are going to start the year with a boom! Ignore my excited outburst but I have IMPORTANT news for you guys. I know some of you don't actually read the author's notes but THIS TIME JUST DO IT. I am writing Endless Fighting on the Episode App and if you guys don't know what Episode is, I am going to tell you about it. It is an interactive game where you get to make choices based on the storyline. I decided to write it and it will be a little bit different since I am making it interactive, so I will tell you guys when I publish it, but it is under CPearl. So...

Vote

Comment: What do you guys think will have when Max and Macy come over for dinner?

Share

Follow

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C