Chapter 10: Are You Late This Time*

Max's POV:

I finally made it to my house and unlocked the door. I still had my house key on me because it was hooked in my phone case. I am pretty forgetful sometimes. I opened the door and walked into the living room. I was immediately attacked by Alex hugging me.

"Max!" she sobbed into my shoulder. I hugged her back relieved that she was okay.

"Alex," I said and opened my eyes to see Macy, Tom, and Rick all sitting in the living room. Then Tom and Rick came over to hug me. I turned to Macy seeing tears in her eyes. I opened my arms and she ran into them.

"Max! I thought you were never coming back," she said crying in my hair.

"Oh Macy, I would never do that," I whispered softfly.

"B-but Alex told me that you were m-missing," Macy stuttered and I glared at Alex. She gave me an 'I had no choice' look and I sighed.

"Well now I am back. Its almost 10:30 Macy, you should head to bed now sweetie. You can't be up this late," I said and she pulled away wiping her eyes.

"Okay Max, I couldn't go to sleep not knowing that you weren't going to come back," Macy apologized.

"Aw, its okay now Macy. Now go to sleep please. You look exhausted. I need to talk to Uncle Tom, Alex, and Uncle Rick okay?" I asked and Macy nodded.

"Okay Max," she said walking upstairs.

"What happened?" Tom asked after we heard Macy close her bedroom door.

"Well get ready for a story then," I said and sat down next to Alex.

"Well we are all listening," Alex said.

"I was walking back to the car I got grabbed by someone. I am guessing that they knocked me out or something. Then I woke up in a pipelined room and two mysterious men came in and told me that they wanted me in their gang," I explained.

"What gang was it?" Tom asked.

"The Viper Gang," I said and Tom stood up abruptly and cursed.

"What's wrong?" I asked genuinely afraid.

"The Viper Gang is the most feared gang in all of New York," Tom said and Alex gasped.

"What did you say?" Rick asked.

"Well I said no of course and I probably blabbered and they were all like 'you leave us with no choice' and left me so I broke the chair that I was sitting on and escaped," I said all in one breath.

"How did you get home and where was the warehouse?" Tom asked.

"Well the warehouse is somewhere close to the Iron Fist and I ran home," I said.

"You must be exhausted Max," Alex said.

"Eh, it's just like my training at the gym, just a little extra cardio," I assured her referring to the extra running.

"Still, that's crazy Max," Rick said.

"You need to be extra careful Max," Tom warned.

"I know, I will be extra careful. I will be even more aware of my surroundings," I said.

"No you need to bring your gun Max and never walk the streets alone," Tom said sternly.

"But who can I walk the streets with?" I asked.

"Walk with me," Alex volunteered and I shook my head.

"I can't put you in danger Alex," I said, "Nobody knows that you know me Alex."