Chapter 8

AUTHORS NOTE: HI GUYS I'M REALLY SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE BEFORE NEW YEARS LIKE I SAID I WOULD BUT I WAS REALLY BUSY AND THEN I WENT ON HOLIDAY FOR A WEEK AND I JUST GOT BACK TODAY SO I'M UPDATING NOW IM SO SO SO SORRY GUYS ILY

(HARRY'S POV STILL)

 I turn to Niall who is sitting there with the biggest grin on his face his eyes sparkling again and chuckle while shaking my head. I lift myself from the seat and make my way towards the door when Niall stops me.

"W-where are y-y-you g-going?" he asks

"I'm going to wake your girlfriend up and take her somewhere while you eat your lunch in peace."

"How d-do y-you know she's as-sleep?"

In response, I head towards the shades covering the window looking out into the hallway and I'm about to move them from the window when I realise Niall wont be able to adjust himself so he can see out of them so I quickly move to the door in attempt to cover up what I was about to do but he's already looking at his lap and fiddling with his fingers. fuck.

"I just know." I tell him. I step outside and of course she's laying against the back of the chair, head back, mouth open, asleep. To wake her up I begin to gently shake her shoulders and call her name. She stirs and opens her eyes for a second but closes them again. "Liz, we're saying goodbye to Niall and then we'll go and get some lunch." I say softly. Her eyelids slowly raise and she looks at me. She gets off the chair, hits herself in the face a few times and mumbles to herself while walking back into Niall's room. I stand at the doorway while she says goodbye, preparing myself for when I have to pull her away from him. They say their goodbyes, exchange a few kisses and promise to see each other soon before I find myself walking down the hall with Liz in the direction we came. "Where do you want to go for lunch?" I ask Liz once we reach the elevator. The familiar ding signals that the elevator has arrived at our floor and I gesture for Liz to enter before I do while she answers my question.

"Can we go wherever the rest of the boys are?" she asks, I nod and pull my phone out of my pocket and call Liam, instructing him to get all the boys to my house for lunch. We reach the hospital entry and before I hang up he instructs me to bring pizza home. I laugh and hang up the phone before turning to Liz.

"We're all going to my place. Do you want to order the pizza while I drive?" I ask, opening the car door for her and waiting for her to get in before I make my way around to the drivers seat. We're leaving here car here because for sure she'll be back at some point today or tomorrow. She buckles her belt before rummaging through her bag to fine her phone and call the pizza place. She orders three pizzas and basically throws her phone back in her bag.

"So, did you find out why Niall's being kept in the hospital?" she asks, her voice sounding much more shaky than when she was on the phone mere seconds ago.

"No," I lie. "he wouldn’t tell me when I asked but I didn’t push it." I tell her. She sighs heavily and starts fiddling with the numerous rings on her fingers.

"He's probably really sick and he's dying or whatever and he's thinking I want to leave him but I wont because you cant break up with someone on their death bed so he's probably breaking up with me so I'm not 'stuck' in the relationship. But he should know better than that. I mean, I know he's insecure and stuff and he thinks I'll leave him whenever he screws something up but we've been together long enough now for him to know that I wouldn’t leave him unless he found away to fuck up really bad. It's times like these when i wonder if he realises how much i do love him. I'm not going anywhere so he should stop trying to get rid of me." she says, more to herself and to the universe than to me. "I know him well enough to know that’s what is running through his mind." Letting her speak to whoever it is that she's directing this to, I continue to drive toward the pizza place. I pull into a parking spot and I consider getting out of the car to get the pizza but I decide against it because of the amount of people there. Then again, if I do go inside they might give me the pizza quicker. Hm. I stop Liz as she proceeds to exit the car and tell her to wait while I grab the pizzas. A few photos with fans wont hurt, right? I check the time and make a mental note only to spend 15 minutes, maximum, inside with anyone who wants a photo. I get out of the car, push my hair out of my face and walk inside before asking for Liz's name. I notice a few people whispering and pulling out their phones but I shrug them off and wait for the pizza. Luckily they were ready and nobody asked for a photo. I head back to the car and plonk myself in the drivers seat. Carefully, I place the pizzas on my lap noticing that Liz is on the phone.

"Have you spoken to him?" she asks the person on the other end of the line and motions for me to put the pizzas on her lap so I can drive. I do so before buckling my seatbelt and starting the ignition.  While driving, I cant help but listen in to the conversation, which is obviously about Niall. She pauses while waiting for a response from the other person. "Yeah, we just left the hospital. He wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. I only saw a few stitches as well as a cast on his wrist but I think he's hiding something from me." Another pause. "no, I can just tell. I know him well enough to be able to tell when he's keeping something from me." she listens to the person on the other line before sighing and speaking again. "I hope so, Maura. It hurts. And I know you're probably more worried than me seeing as he is yo-" she stops mid-sentence. "Okay, thank you Maura. Talk to you soon." she says into the phone before hanging up and throwing the phone back in her bag.

"Does she know much?" I ask

"Nope," she sighs "she said Niall has only spoken to her once and only briefly told her he was okay which shouldn't be the case because its his mum. But that really all anyone knows, right? I mean, apart from him."

I gulp.

"Yeah, I guess so." I lie, once again.

Hope you liked it! This one is extra long to make it up to you guys for not updating in ages

Thank you for readingggg