Chapter 19

After dealing with the embarrassment that is my mother, she took me up to my room and I sat down on the bed. She paced back and forth in front of me babbling on and on about everything. “Could you, like, you know, stop?” I said, sharing my irritation with her.

“Could I like what?” She responded to me, mimicking my tone. “No.”

“What on earth is your problem then?”

She paces once more before stopping. “I don’t want you living in this bitch house anymore,” she states bringing her hand up to her jaw, massaging it in concentration. I laugh at her remark on the house. “It’s changed you.”

“I haven’t changed,” I shake my head. I’m not able to wipe the smile off my face from her “bitch house” comment.

“You ran off with that boy.”

“Yeah, and I’ve ran off with Harry too, what’s your point exactly?”

“I’m going to go ahead and pay for you to live in the dorms,” she informs me, ignoring my comment.

“Can’t you just give me an apartment?” I whined.

“No, you live in an apartment, you pay for it yourself.”

“Hey, Audrey, I heard you were back and—“ Eleanor came in through my door, stopping at the sight of my mother.

“Alright, mom, nice to have you visit but you can leave now,” I stand from my bed and push her out the door. “Sorry about her,” I shake my head once she leaves.

“What are you doing tonight?” She asks me.

“I was thinking about texting Harry and seeing what he’s up to. Considering it’s been awhile you know? Maybe I’ll stay with him for a few days,” I shrug, picking my phone up to text him.

Eleanor sits down on my bed. “Were you and Harry everything a “thing”?” She asks me like a curious little child would.

Her question catches me completely off guard as I press send on my phone. “What do you think?” I mumble, throwing my phone onto the bed and sitting beside her. “He was really the only guy who accepted me for who I was and never fought it, just kind of went with it.”

“So you dated?”

I shook my head at her. “He didn’t pressure me to do anything. It was every other guy I hooked up with that pressured me.”

She laughs a bit. “How on earth are you still a virgin?”

She catches me off guard once again. “You ask a lot of questions,” I say, picking up my phone to check it. “Well, it looks like I’m going to be staying with Harry for awhile,” I smile at my phone.

“Does he still mean a lot to you?” She asks another question.

“Quit asking so many questions,” I say standing from my bed and pulling clean clothes from my closet.

“One more,” she says and I slump my shoulders then gesture for her to go on. “Louis, Troy, Mary, and I were all going to go down to the beach on Tuesday. Would you and Niall like to join us?”

“Is it alright if I drag Harry with me and Zayn comes too? Since him and Louis are the only people he really knows.”

“I don’t see why not,” she smiles. “So, is that a yes?”

“Of course we’ll go,” I laugh.

She continues to go on some kind of endless story that I occasionally agreed with as I packed up to go to Harry’s hotel room. I wasn’t really paying attention to her either. Thankfully, it only took me a couple of minutes to pack up considering a lot of my stuff had already been packed. “Are there any parties coming up here soon?” I ask her, zipping up my bag.