River's Bend

As she sat on the rock that jutted from the uneven ground, she observed the beautiful world that surrounded her.

Stretched above her head of caramel curls was a gorgeous, crystal blue sky that was nearly cloudless. The chirping of the birds and the rush of the water fell upon her ears, it creating a smooth rhythm.

She sat under the large shade of the elephant-sized tree that loomed far above her head and reached over the river, its trunk starting at her right. The maple tree’s leaves practically touched the sky at its great height. There is a small bird’s nest, which contains three sleeping birds that a mother bird is watching over carefully. In front of her, a clear river runs past, weaving slightly as you go. Just to the left is a cliff and waterfall, which you can run under as the water joins the river and runs with its fish and sediment. The ground is sparse of grass, a lot of it squelched by the rocky ground.

As the girl turns around she sees the small shack that graces the hillside with its rustic wooden frame and its dusty windows, the large hills backing it. The creaking of the gate is a familiar sound to her ears, and she often takes shelter in the run-down hut if the skies are thundering like lions.

As the sun starts to set you hear the roar of a car leaving that beautiful place, but that is never the last time it will be heard. 

By Moriah

257

This is so bad I'm sorry :\ It's supposed to be for a grade but I am so tired and I have algebra and yeah it's just gunna be this way :( I hope it is ok! lol