Spirit Week

"My god, Faith, what the hell are you wearing?" My mom exclaimed as I arrived for breakfast. I understood her shock; I mean, it wasn't everyday that I arrived in a dress from the 70's and tall boots.

"Spirit week, remember? I mentioned it yesterday." I lathered Nutella on my piece of toast. She stared at my outfit a little while longer before walking upstairs, head shaking. 

School looked weird today, with mostly everyone decked out in 70's clothing. I made my way to my locker to start the week. I grabbed my history binder before seeing an arm rest against a locker. 

"Hey Bla- oh hi Adrian." I said, looking up. "You know, I don't think you should ever time travel back to the 70's." He pulled at his patterned shirt and frowned at his pants.

"Well, I can't say the same for you." He replied. "You look awesome."

"I try." 

"Well I think you look hot, Adrian." Sarah commented while passing us on the way to her locker. I rolled my eyes, both at her moves towards Adrian and the shortness of her dress. A centimeter higher and her panties would be in full view.  

"Why thank you Sarah." Adrian glanced at her before turning back to me. "The real reason I am here is to ask you to homecoming before somebody else snatches you up." He took my hand. "Will you, Faith, accompany me to the homecoming dance this Friday?" My cheeks flushed.

"I would love to, Adrian." I hugged him. "But now that we are going together, we should help out two of our friends."

"Gavin and Caitlin?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded. 

"Adrian, my handsome date, will you talk to Caitlin while I talk to Gavin? Let's do it right now, because I don't have any classes with Gavin."

"Anything for you, my lovely date." Adrian hugged me again and we seperated, me heading to Photography to find Caitlin and Adrian heading to his first period class. It was still early, so a crowd had not yet gathered in front of the classroom. 

"Caitlin?" I called into the room. After receiving no answer, I entered the classroom. Film strips littered the desks and photos, in black and white as well as color, were stapled to the corkboards on every wall. Caitlin's bag was in front of her camera, which was resting in its bag on a table beside a pile of canisters. 

"Hey Faith." Caitlin walked out of the dark room. "What are you doing here?"

"Just saying hi."

"Caitlin? Do you want me to hang your negatives?" Someone called from the darkroom.

"Yeah, that would be great. Thanks Gavin." She replied, blushing slightly. I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"He ask you?" I asked her, whispering. She shook her head.

"Not yet."

 "Well, keep hoping." I hugged her and left for gym. 

After changing into my gym uniform, which consisted of running shorts and a shirt from middle school. I sat down on the bleachers immediately, because I didn't  have anybody to talk to. Cameron was in my gym class, but so were Sarah, Dylan, and Esmie, and I had no desire to talk to either of them. 

"Partners for the workout today are..." The gym teacher started rattling off a list of names, "Sarah and Faith..." 

This was going to be a long gym period.

The color purple is my favorite color, which became instantly apparent when I walked into school with purple shoes, purple leggings, a purple skirt, and a purple top. I didn't even buy anything for it. Blake, who was in a purple suit, had a spray can in his hand and was spraying purple highlights into various people's hair. Caitlin's ends were colored.