20 Fall off a Cliff

It has been about a week now living in Karow. My Mother and Yumi are still here so they could attend the wedding of Rezin and Taunii. The days have went by pretty well considering everything that happened. After the second time me and Calum had sex, I started to trust him more and learned to open up to him. He had told me everything about the past with him and I see no evil intent. It will take a lot more time to fully trust him because he still killed people, but I think he can learn to control himself more.

        The people he killed he said "was to better our future" and "they would only get in the way." As my Husband and as my King, I need to believe that more than ever right now. If we are going to run two Kingdoms at the same time then I need a solid foundation in our marriage to keep us together and agreeing with one another.

        One thing that does concern me is that I am not left alone anymore. He always wants me with him and complains if I want to spend time with someone else. He makes sure I am with someone he trusts 24/7 and won't allow me to step foot outside without him. He's picked up his last habit of making me repeat myself when I talk to him too: tell me you love me, say you'll always stay with me, etc.

        He looks like a confident leader in most situations but when I step into the room he stops everything and greets me. Sometimes he'll follow me around like a lost puppy and I can swear I can feel him breathing down my neck. When we are alone at night he wants to do everything for me. He brushes my hair, massages me, dresses me down and up, and even learned how to paint nails (he's awful though.)

        I would compare myself to his own personal doll; a toy that a kid would demand to keep even when going to school or the store. I am still my own person though and tell him to stop when he takes his antics too far. I constantly tell him that I love him and it's not a lie. I do truly love him but the feeling of his temperament keeps me from getting too close. When he gets mad his eyes turn red and all hell breaks loose. I have only seen that once when I first arrived in Karow with him and got taken by a group of people. That reminds me, are those people even still alive?

        I guess I'll have to add them on my list of murders too. They may have returned back into their skin instead of stone after we left and have broken bones or they could have stayed as living statues. I don't want to think about that.

        Today, I have been doing more work as usual across Calum. We are both focused in this small room to get all the information in order. It's odd that it feels like I've spent most of my time in Karow more than Theruma with him and I'm starting to like it here. I like the different atmosphere and the unfamiliar halls that surround me every day. I glance at Calum writing down something and smile. His blue eyes are focused on a task and his eyebrows are furrowed in concentration. He looks back and forth between documents with a slight frown and doesn't look up to meet my eyes.

        Someone rushed through the door without knocking and catches both of our attention. The small Burnette girl rushes in and looks exasperated. "Zenon has died! People are looking for me to be the Queen!" Her eyes show fear in them. I don't think she want's the throne or the responsibility of taking care of many people. It is not for everyone and I am sad to see such a spirited girl get crushed by the instant burden.

        "Don't worry, Taunii." Calum gets up from his seat and walks over to her, "Rezin will help you take care of your Kingdom. He has lived in a castle for his whole life and know how to do things. If he doesn't..." Calum turns to point at him and me, "you can contact us to help you with anything you need. You are not alone."

        He speaks with such charm and elegance that she calms down immensely and nods. "Thank you." She tells him with a half smile.

        "Anytime. Now, we need to get you two married before they make you marry someone else!" He says while pushing her out the door. He yells for a servant to come get her and bring her to Rezin immediately to prepare for the wedding tomorrow. She is out of sight and I hear frantic footsteps of people trying to prepare everything. Calum shuts the door and lets out a breath of air before returning to the desk. "This is it."