Chapter 2: Realization

YOICHI'S POINT OF VIEW:

I bit my lip as I felt my cheeks heat up. That guy was really cute... Too bad I forgot what his name was. He had asked me if I was gay on the plane and I honestly didn't know how to answer. I've never felt such plushy feelings towards another person before. And even though I only just met him, he made me feel so warm and made my belly tingle.

Am I gay? I had asked myself that question when I got off of the plane. I've always liked Yaoi manga, and it made me feel weird emotions when two boys flirted or kissed. After I had talked to another boy in person who was flirting with me, it made me come to a realization.

I am gay.

I've never really thought about sexuality before. Or love in that matter. All I know is that I've always been really shy around both sexes, especially males. And now I know it's not that I'm really, really shy. I am shy, but guys make me feel even more anxious because I was attracted to them.

It all makes sense now! I had to tell my only friend. He's always pestering me about 'Getting out there'. So, I typed in my passcode on my smartphone and texted Mika.

Yoichi: Mika!! I think I have a crush...😜

Mika: OMG! It's about time,
Yoichi! What's her name? 😉

Yoichi: Um, It's a him...

Mika: So you're gay then?

Yoichi: Yeah.. I forgot what his name was though 😞 Probably won't ever see him again.

Mika: It's alright Yoichi, we'll find him! 😁

Yoichi: Okay! Well, I'm going to go back to my dorm. Talk to you later.

Mika: Bye!👋

I exited Krul airport and walked to a bus stop. Not too long after, a bus came and picked me up. The bus driver assisted me with my suitcase as I fetched out some money from my pocket to buy a ticket for public transportation. Then, I made my way to the back of the bus and took an open seat.

Mika was the only friend I've had for awhile now. Out of all the people in the world, I think Mika was the least expected person to become my friend. After all, I'm just a regular, shy boy.

Mika isn't regular like I am, Mika belongs to royalty. He is Queen Krul's adopted son.

Krul had named this province after herself. It confused me whenever someone talked about Krul when I first moved here. I didn't know they were referring to the Queen Krul. I didn't even know there was a queen ruling Krul until I met Mika and he explained it to me.

"Krul Academy." The robotic voice had said, coming from the bus speakers. Snapping out of my trance, I picked up my suitcase and exited the bus with a few other people I had seen around campus before.

"I'm finally home!" I whispered to myself excitedly as I walked to the building beside the school. There were a lot of people on campus today. This was the last day of spring break and classes started tomorrow, so it made sense. I rushed to my dorm and felt relieved as I stood at my door. I didn't like being surrounded by a lot of people and the campus was filled with students.