Ezra: 2.

• Dedicated to Chelsea Victoria Newton

                “Do you like this book?”

                “No.”

                “This book?”

                “No, Ezra. I don’t think I like her writing.”

                “What about his?”

                Ezra turned to Carmen who was looking at the romance section. He was holding up ‘The Notebook’ the typical love story of modern time that everyone loved so much, Romeo and Juliet was barely remembered. She shook her head.

               He looked at her figure, slender, perfectly structure physique that if she wanted to, could make her a fantastic ballet dancer or any dancer at all. His eyes trailed down her attire to see what she was wearing. Compared to most of the girls at college, Carmen had a different, more unique style.

               They called is a bohemian-hipster style and option wore the fashion equivalent of army boots with shorts or trousers – mainly jeans, with woollen jumpers or Peruvian poncho’s with loose tops and denim waistcoats. Her long fingers went well with many rings, her outfits always worked with her jewellery and her long hair looked amazing even if she didn’t try.

                Today she was wearing skinny blue jeans with a pair of boots – timberlands – that she’d drew and painted flowers onto. It made them look amazing. She had a squared top on which showed her arms from the shoulders which had a design on and a navy blue knitted jumper that had she had purposely left without doing up at the buttons. A straw-type hat was sat on her head and she bit her lip as she read the blurb of a book.

                “Okay. I want this one.”

                “Are you sure? It’s very… old.” Ezra finished bluntly.

                She turned around to face him, a perfectly shaped eyebrow raised. “That’s the purpose. I love old books.”

                “Of course you do.” Ezra replied, rolling his eyes. “You’re the most creative person I know. Leo Tolstoy is your favourite writer, how could I forget.”

                “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

                “You should.” He replied. “It’s impressive.”

                “Thanks.” She replied, taking the book to the counter. What Carmen liked most about this place was that every book, no matter if they were just about to be read by the buyer, was wrapped in brown paper and string – something that around here, wasn’t done very much anymore. It matched her personality, her style, and Ezra watched as she took the parcel the cashier just handed and placed it on the bag that was propped on her shoulder. Carmen read old books, always carried a camera around with her and enjoyed history and art as well as the dramas. She cared about knowledge but liked to achieve. She liked everything perfect but also kept things old-fashioned. It was just a few of the many things that Ezra loved about her.  

                Carmen turned to the young lad. “You coming?”

                “You don’t want to look for anything else?”

                “Not unless you do.”

                “Well…” Ezra mumbled. “I was looking for the new Harry Potter book, actually.”