Chapter 15 ~ Alone again

~Zayn's POV~

The only light shining in the room is the light from the corridor. It's not enough to light up the whole room, and all I can see are silhouettes and shadows.

The wall is still covered in the red liquid running down from it, my eyes and Niall's not leaving it for one second. 

"Niall? If this is not you..." I ask whispering, but can't form the complete sentence. I'm too scared right now. I hope my heart won't beat out of my chest at the rate that it's beating.

"I don't know, but I swear, I'm not doing this." He says and walks back a bit, away from the glass that's shattered around his feet.

That's when the door slams shut. I jump scared. There is no light at all now in the room. I can't even see Niall. 

There's only a bit of light coming from the crack under the door, but that's not enough to see anything.

"Niall! Niall!" I scream in panic. I don't like the dark anymore. Not since I came to live in this house. 

"Calm down. I'm still here." I hear Niall say from the spot he was at when the door closed. 

Quickly I start to search for the shirt I tugged off before I went to bed. I put it back on, when I find it next to my bed, just like my pants. 

Before I can get out of the bed to go put on the light, I can hear footsteps coming from outside the bedroom. 

It's the only sound in the room, except for my ragging breath and the beating of my heart. 

My head turns to look at the door.

I see a shadow of two feet walking in front of the door, stopping right in front of it. Then the dark shadow starts to crawl under the door and fades in the rest of the darkness.

Scared I start to crawl backwards on the bed, until I feel the edge. That's when I stop. 

Again the room is silent and this time I hear a slight rustle. Like something is sliding over the carpet.

"Niall, is that you." I ask, and the reply makes my breath hitch.

"No."

I can't situate the rustling in the room. It is like it's coming from everywhere around me. 

My head turns so my eyes are back focused on the door. I don't know why, but the light seems to give me a secure feeling. It's like some sort of escape.

Only then my fear disappears enough to realize that I have to get out of here. Get up and sprint to the light. 

But I can't get up. 

I didn't see the hand coming from behind. I only notice it when it wrapped around my mouth and nose already. The hand is rough and stinks. Stinks rotten.

Immediately I start kicking my legs and try to scream, what's no use, since it's muffled due to the hand. 

I can't breath. My hands have found their way to the stranger hands, trying to pry it away. I need air. 

Then I feel another hand. This time it's wrapping around my neck and squeezing hard. 

I keep on struggling, trying to get away. It doesn't work. 

I can hear Niall running through the room and stumbling a few times. He mussed have ran through the glass too, as I heard it cracking. The lights flick on and I see it had been Niall.