Chapter 8

The rest of the day I spent playing games with the rest of Akatuki but my facade was slipping. I was tired of doing the same thing, day afer day, without the break with my Obitobi we usually had. No one noticed when my mask would falter. Or so i thought.

At the end of the day, when I retired to my room, there was a knock on my door. I shot the door a confused look, as if it would understand. No one comes to visit me in my room except for Tobi and he obviously isn't here right now. He also wouldn't have knocked; he'd have just walked in.

"Who is it?" I called out. When no one replied I just heaved a sigh and put my fake self on again. "Oh, it doesn't really matter who is there! Come in! Yoko wants to know who's there!" The door silently opened and there stood Itachi. His eyes were closed as if he was resting but they suddenly flashed opened and gazed straight into my own. I was captivated by his blood red eyes and couldn't look away.

"You can drop the act. I am alone," he stated coolly. My plastered on grin faltered the slightest bit but I picked it back up again.

"What act? Yoko-chan does not act! This is Yoko-chan! What you see is what you get!" I shouted cheerfully. Itachi merely rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't feed me those lies. My Sharingan can see through anything, but I don't need that to see that you're being fake." My smile dropped and I sent him a deathly glare. My once innocent and childlike appearance became evil and threating with the mere loss of my false grin. Itachi sent me a knowing smirk. "That's more like it... Ms. Yukimura..." Something glinted in his eyes as if he knew a secret about me... about my family.

"Uchiha, what did you want? Clearly you must have had some reason for coming," I spat out as I continued to glare at him.

"Yes, I wanted to know why you hide behind that pathetic fake image. You do realize that this is an organization of highly strengthened criminals who have murdered hundreds of people, don't you? There is no reason to hide anything from them."

"I have nothing to hide, I do it for myself..." I stated, looking away from him as I said the half-lie. I did have things to hide, but I did it for myself as well. Itachi chuckled.

"Nothing to hide... then I guess you wouldn't mind me going around and proclaiming the tragedy that fate bestowed upon your parents..?"

"Their death was not a tragedy... they deserved every second of the torture I gave them! THAT is what fate befell them!" I said this without thinking and I could see Itachi smirk again. My eyes widened when I realized what I said.

"Yes... the torture you put them through... Not that I can judge. I murdered my entire clan for the sole purpose of training. But you... you did this for enjoyment, for... gratification..."

"They had it coming... you have no idea what they did to me! I was raped! I was abused! Physically and emotionally! I was told I was worthless and pathetic everyday! My father used to tell me the only way I'd be a good girl was if he raped me! Yeah because that makes me a fucking good girl; being raped! You can't even imagine what I've been through so don't even try to tell me that they didn't deserve EXACTLY what I gave them! If anything I went easy on them!" By this point I was teeming with fury and hot, angry tears flowed from my eyes.

"You still never answered me on why you hide behind that fake Yoko."

"Because that's who I want to be... I want to be happy and cheerful so that's how I act. I just want to be normal... and I'm not. So I figured if I acted fun and happy I could make friends but it just drives people away. I'm annoying, and immature, and pathetic..." My tears began to shift from angry to desperate. It felt good to finally open up to someone but I didn't know Itachi and he's just sat there listening to me rant with a smug look on his face.

"Better now? I know that you shouldn't keep things bottled up inside so I fed the flame that was already lit under you so you could get it off your chest. You're welcome." With that, Itachi just walked out of my room, not looking back at me even once. I didn't know if I was happy about exposing myself to him or frustrated at spilling everything to a stranger. Yet even as he shut my door, I could tell that this was the start of a new friendship that had the potential to bloom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG SO I FINALLY UPLOADED TO ALL OF YOU AWESOME PEOPLE WHO HAVEASKED ME TO UPLOAD! IT'S ONLY BEEN, LIKE, WHAT? 6 MONTHS? I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORGIVE ME?!?!?! PLEASE?!?!?! DOMO ARIGATO AND JA NE!!!!!