Chapter 1 - Leave them Behind. (Part 2)

Five seconds.

   Phan panicked. He never knew what this guy did, in fact he completely amazed, but he was immediately alerted. He hastily grabbed his sword belt from the table, put it around his waist and locked it. He unleashed the blade and began observing his surroundings.

   It was dead silent. No sound occurred for the past three seconds.

   Then bricks from the opposite of his bed exploded, leaving a huge hole at his room— enough to connect it to the castle staircase. A gigantic green monster barged inside, with big jaw, bulgy eyes, two huge fangs, and curved nose. The giant mace it was holding clearly made the wall-destruction thingy possible.

   Shame. He could feel shame for having his room ruined. And he felt angry. Angry for the troll because it was trespassing. . . Indeed, Phan had his priorities in proper order.

   He stared at the troll, who stared back at him pointlessly. His eyes turned at the tuxedo guy, "This is seriously how you'll change my life?" He said. "Are you even serious?"

   "What did you expect?" The guy replied, as the troll's mace sailed over Phan's head. "You think there will be unicorns, carousels, horses and some glass slippers? Please Phan, you're a prince. Not Cinderella."

   The monster roared, unleashing enough breath to kill three flocks of birds at once— not by poison, but by literally breath, a really, very, bad, breath.

   Phan slipped between the troll's legs, his hands moved to stab him, but his sword was for child's play. The metal bent from the monster's skin, failing Phan quicker than he thought. The tyrant turned back, he dropped his mace into Phan's head, but the prince was too swift. Well, fast enough not to have his head crushed, but slow enough to have the heel of his left foot bleeding like hell.

   A bolt of electrocuting agony shot him.  Blood dripped down from the ground, tainting it with red ooz. He could tell based from the pain that his bone's relationship with each other was working so bad, they had to break up. And they did.

   Phan tried to comfort himself, but the more he assumed to be safe, the more he thought about that same giant mace passing through his brains. Which is about to happen.

   The King successfully broke the door with his men. The sound of wood breaking apart was enough to surprise the troll. The monster looked back, postponing Phan's death instantly. But the prince was too busy with his foot to bother thanking his father.

   The King's men, soldiers and knights began to attack the beast. The frontlines drew their swords, waved it, hacked it, but there was no way to stop it. The monster was relentless, and almost invincible. Their weapons laid useless, and their armours were crushed as the mace broke through it.

  The troll turned to Phan, who was running out of ideas about how could he save himself.

   "Go to the window, then jump." The guy suggested.

   "Oh, what a great idea!" Phan declared.

  "Oh, please Phan." The guy responded. "Trust me. If I can fasten time, how could I not save your life?"

   "If you can fasten time, how could you not kill me?"

   The creature charged towards him, the head of its mace dropping against the ground, digging through the brick floor. Phan was left with no other choice, but to leap out the window. Which he did.

   The burning sunrays welcomed his death, the radiance of light was almost new into his eyes. He never had been out of the castle, but when he does, he never expected that he would be sky-diving— without a parachute.