Not a Fairytale

Living in a fairy-tale world was not much like everybody else dream of. There was indeed such thing as the knights in shining armors, princesses in their towers, witches with their powers— but everything just seemed to be dull and lame because it was the same thing occurring over and over again. Like, your years will come and you know exactly what will happen for the rest of your life.

   Sometimes living in a fairy-tale as your daily reality seemed like getting stuck in childhood, repeatedly watching Dora the Explorer's episode thirty eight for decades, then passing it to your son into his children.

   Sometimes, living in a fairy-tale made you wished you were normal. Yes, it's fun living in this world, there were trolls and goblins, king and queens, castles and tribes, the people who occasionally sing— plus the very common, people who are brave enough to get themselves eaten by a dragon.

   Let's say, there was an ordinary prince who was cursing upon his castle window, looking upon the massive pile of trees while watching the birds flying aimlessly, only to be caught by a wondering troll.

   Maybe, this prince was named Phan. Maybe he was staring out the view because he was angry, and maybe he was mad because he thought that the very concept of his life was nothing but a plain bullcrap.

   By the age of sixteen, he would be sent out for a quest just like any other prince, to find the love of his life princess which was unfortunately trapped in a tower guarded by a dragon. It unsettled him, knowing the fact that what he's gonna do had been done a thousand times by every other prince and also by every other male in his bloodline.

   Okay, guess we could start the story of Phan. Just like any other fairy tales with Knights, monsters, dragons— but wait. There's more. . . There's gotta be more than him! I mean, you can't just accept the fact that you're gonna read another story full of bullcrap eh? That's right, narrator here, speaking. Mic test, mic test. Thank you.

   Now, let's add the fun thing. Let's start the story in some way different from any other fairy tales you've read about. Because in this one, I'm the narrator. And your narrator, is an awesomely cool narrator who talks to you. Yes. And in this book I tell you, we're gonna break the rules of third person point of view. And we're seriously gonna destroy the rules of writing fairy tales.