Chapter 4

Chapter Four: Confusion

Five days later, and still, I was unable to witness the following events, since I was in a lower level class, but this is all that I have been told. And what I have not, I merely tried to make it all fit together.

So allow me to continue to narrate what I had thought to be the best week of my life.

After what had happened between the two cliques, the school erupted into chaos. News spread to everyone, the lower class men and even the teachers were now taking sides. In short, I had divided Angel Creek Middle within a matter of days.

Who knew how much one lie could destroy?

It even got to the point where in the classroom the sides divided. Each side was separate, those who supported Evan sat on the left, and those who supported Jonathan sat on the right. Sounds stupid, but middle school students are so impressionable, following the trends and in-crowds lead just to fit in, but that's what makes it middle school I guess.

And it had only been five days since the fallout between the two. But the school figured, if even the golden best friends of the school can turn on each other, then what hope does any of their friendships have? Again, this is middle school logic here, so of course it's pretty stupid.

As for Evan and Jonathan? Well, they haven't made contact with each other at all, obviously. Their friends even stuck to that rule, all contact the cliques once had was gone, especially when Lui went 'dark side' last minute on the First Clique. Even they could tell the effect they had on the school, and it was hard to tell which side had more support.

Most of the rivalries were just, well they were just known, nothing physical really happened. Except between the two cliques themselves, who were always at each other's throats. Evan and Jonathan did still have to be together, seating charts were still a thing, surprisingly enough, although the teachers would soon figure out how dangerous it was to have the two next to each other.

This was the new normal, and honestly even though it had only been a few days, it was bad. Really bad. Evan wasn't kidding when he said Jonathan had started a war, because it sure seemed like that was what was happening.

It was official, Angel Creek Middle School was at war with themselves.

And it's all because of a lie.

Now you may think the lies are over, they're done and now it's time for healing. It's time for the truth to come out, right?

Wrong. You haven't seen anything yet, my story is just beginning, we haven't even reached the good parts. So while you wait, why don't you pick a side.

Team Evan or Team Jonathan?

I bet you already know my choice.