Listening to Gossip

They had stayed in the castle where it was warm and food was always ready to eat. Jack found Arendelle to be his favorite place. It did help that he enjoyed the company. He loved watching Elsa being dragged around by Anna. He likes how she looks elegant despite almost tripping due to her sister's excitement. He found it adorable.

"Adorable, interesting choice of words." Hiccup teased as he checked the old scrolls hidden in the castle library. Jack turned to him, confused. "Was I talking out loud?"

Hiccup nodded, opening another old scroll. "Yup. You do that all the time, buddy."

"Not to mention your mouth is always wide open when you stare at Elsa. You should really close it, Jackie. You wouldn't want a fly to live in there, right?" Merida piped in. She was sitting on the floor, indian style, with dozen of books beside her. Jack grabbed the scroll Hiccup was holding to throw at her head.

"Jack! I was reading that!" Hiccup said in annoyance while Merida screamed, "Stop it!"

Merida stood up, dusted herself, and gave Hiccup the scroll back while she glared at Jack. "Honestly, Jack. Why are you here? Can't you just help us instead of making googly-eyes at Elsa?"

"I am not making googly-eyes at Elsa, princess." Jack replied, leaning on his seat "I was going to ask you something but I just got... distracted."

Merida gave him a sly smile. "Distracted, huh."

Before Jack could retort back Hiccup spoke up. "What were you going to ask us?"

"I was going to ask you two to come explore the village. I just think we could gather more information outside. What will you find in a library? Pitch can't be found in the books."

~

ll five of them (Anna decided that she wanted to come too and brought along Elsa much to Jack's delight) went down to the village to hopefully get some information. After having lunch and browinsg around the shops, they stopped near the docks to figure out what to do next. Anna made everyone huddle in a circle which made them look suspicious to other people. "Okay, guys! What's the plan?" She said in a whisper.

Jack shrugged. "Get information. Talk to some people and ask news from other places. Anything related to the sickness."

"Okay, quick recap. We just need to ask about the sickess and keep and ear out, right?" Hiccup asked.

Jack nodded. "We need to find the place where people are suffering the most. Even the place where this all began could help, Pitch would likely be there."

Anna perked up. "Oh! I'll go ask Kristoff!" Before anyone could react, she was gone. Elsa sighed as she watched her sister ran off then turned to the three of them. "I'm sorry, Anna gets distracted easily. Now about this plan-" A palace guard tapped her shoulder. "Your majesty, I'm here to inform you that more letters have arrived."

Elsa gave the guard her thanks as she turned to them, frowning. "I'm sorry, it seems I have to go. I have a lot to prepare if I'm going to leave with you. I'll be back at the castle if you need me. I do have some letters from other places asking help from Arendelle. Perhaps there's something there. I'll reread them later and share with you the significant details."

"Do you want me to fly you back? Wait, no. Not fly.. do you want me to walk you back? If it's okay with you." Smooth, Jack. Real smooth. Jack could hear Merida coughed a laugh.

Elsa laughed softly, the kind that made Jack blush. "I really appreciate your offer, Jack. But I'll walk instead. You three have a lot of cover to ground. Good luck." She waved at the two and started walking back towards the palace. Jack only stared at her until she disappeared from his sight.