A Princess?

Jack and Hiccup flew side by side in the evening sky. They have been flying for hours and neither has said a word to each other. The three of them didn't mind the silence, especially Toothless, who looked excited to be out and about again.

Jack simply let the wind carried him to their destination.

He said no to the dragon.

Earilier...

"So, you do want a dragon or not? I don't know how your flying thing works but I'm guessing you'll get tired pretty soon." Hiccup said as he adjusted Toothless' saddle.

Jack paled. "Uhh.. yeah.. thanks but... no thanks. I appreciate the offer but I'm a free spirited kind of.. guy. You know... always wanting to be alone, isolation, solitude, things like that."

Hiccup shook his head and sarcastically said, "Suit yourself, free spirit."

Right now, Jack was getting bored and a bit worried. He knew they should be at Dunbroch any moment now. He also noticed it had gotten a bit darker. He looked around the sky and there was no star in sight. He glanced up at Hiccup. "Hey Hiccs, are we there yet?"

Hiccup looked perplexed. "I don't understand any of this. We're following the map," He eyed his surroundings. "But we look like we're in the middle of nowhere." Toothless suddenly began to growl which startled Hiccup. "What's wrong, bud? There's nothing there but darkness."

Jack was suddenly alert, knowing he was around.

And there it was. An cold sensation that traveled down his spine. It wasn't the ice he was used to, but instead it was a feeling of dread. He quickly prepared his staff as he stopped mid-flight, "Alright Hiccs, this is your time to prove your worth." Jack finally noticed that the darkness had surrounded them. Pitch...

"Well, isn't this nice?" A voice he recognized drawled. Hiccup huddled closer to Toothless. "Is this him?" Hiccup asked as Toothless continued to growl angrily at the unseen presence.

"Yes, be prepared. He can twist us with his words and use our fear against us. Always remember to stay on guard."

A figure finally emerged, a black shadow shaped as a pale man with red eyes and black hair. "Why, hello Jack. Did you miss me?" He circled around them, floating the blackness that surrounded them. "You even have new friends! Did the Guardians finally abandoned you? After all, they only used you to get rid of me. Now that I'm not in their world anymore, they sent you, alone, to fight me."

"You're wrong, Pitch." He yelled angrily. "How about you? Why bother with this world? Are you too scared to be beaten up by us? For good?

Pitch frowned.

"Me? Afraid of an old man, a fairy, a bunny, a mute, and you, a teenager?" He smiled. "My plan backfired, yes, but I am not afraid of you. Especially when you're alone and only have this... boy and his pet." He pointed at Hiccup and Toothless. "We finally meet and this is what you give me? I'm disappointed."

quickly disintegrated only to reappear behind them. "Tsk, tsk. Too slow." He said as he hit Hiccup on the head, causing him to fall. Toothless reacted immiedately and dived for him. The two disappeared without a trace leaving Jack and Pitch alone. "Finally. Just a private chat between old friends."

Jack ignored him and went down to check on the two but Pitch's shadows stopped him. These shadows look familiar... Jack floated back, his staff ready to hit someone. "It can't be."

Pitch stroked the shadows that surrounded him. They were no longer taking the form of horses. They were finally free to show their true appearance and they looked stronger and ready to kill. "Yes, Jack. They are mine once again, I have you Guardians to thank. If you didn't let them attack me, I would've been destroyed." He faced Jack, "Do you really think they can destroy me? I am their creator, Jack. They can never turn against me." He disappeared and reappeared behind Jack. He leaned in close to whisper, "No one can stop me now, Jack. Consider this as a warning. Go back and prepare in your world because after I rule this place, yours will be next."