Another Dream

Dedicated to trichmcelroy. Thanks for fanning me. hope you're enjoying the story!!!

My hand inadvertently goes to my neck.

"Lacey?" I barely hear Lathe call. "Lacey!" He shakes me and I feel like I'm coming awake as I look up into his eyes.

"Latham, Xavier is a vampire." My voice is barely above a whisper.

"What!? You're crazy!" He puts the back of his hand to my forehead checking for fever.

I brush his hand away, "No! Really! He's been at my neck! Look if there're any marks" I hear the panic in my voice as it starts to rise in my chest.

He's looking at me like I'm nuts, "Latham! Look at my neck! Please!!"

He bends down and looks closely where I show him Xavier has been nibbling.

"See anything?"

"No. It's clear. What makes you think Xavier's a vampire?"

I feel foolish for getting so worked up, "It's just that he's kissed me there, and I swear I felt him use his teeth once, but I thought I'd imagined it." I blush remembering him kissing me up on the hill and the orgasm. "Then there's his eyes. I don't know what it is, but every time I look into his eyes I lose myself. It's like time starts to stand still and I feel my willpower fade away."

He sits next to me on the bed. "Hmm."

"What should I do?"

"I don't know. This is all too crazy to me. Don't see him again, we can start there."

I've already decided that. "Oh my God!" I gasp.

"What!?" Lathe asks.

"Just now. Out on the street. I was walking home from the library when Xavier's friend Dante popped out of the bushes. It scared hell outta me, but he started talking and I calmed down, but then he grabbed me and I had no willpower to pull away. If Xavier hadn't pulled me out of his arms....Lathe, he was going for my neck, just like Xavier's done before. Then Xavier said the strangest thing. He said, 'Dante forgets that just because they've known each other for so long doesn't mean they have to share everything' or something like that."

"You mean like share you? As a meal?"

"I don't know. Lathe," I look at him, "I'm scared!"

He wraps his arms around me and pats my back, "Shh... it's gonna be okay, Lacey. I'll protect you."

I close my eyes and let my brother comfort me. It reminds me of when we were really little and I'd get scared. He'd hold my hand and say, 'Don't worry, Lacey, I'll protect you!'. I feel nostalgic tears start to roll down my cheeks and I pull away to grab a tissue.

My cell phone rings and the caller ID reads Xavier. I look at Lathe, "It's him. What should I do? Do I answer it?"

"Yeah, see what he has to say."

"H-h-hello," I clear my throat.

"Lacey," Xavier says "I was calling to be sure you're okay. You aren't still shook up over Dante, are you? I've spoken to him and he won't bother you anymore."

"Y-yeah, I'm okay. Thank you."

"Are you sure you're okay? You sound a little strange."

"No, no, everything's fine. I was just getting ready for bed."

"Wow! You do go to bed early. I was going to ask if you want to go for a moonlight walk. I'm still here in town getting the lay of the land and realized how lonely it is wandering on my own. I'd love a tour guide."