Chapter Two

“Hell?” I snorted. There's no what I’m in hell…of course this is a dream and anything’s possible. I mentally shrugged; okay may as well go along with this guy.

“Yes, hell. See?” he waved his hand towards me. I looked down and realized I had chains around my wrists and ankles, I looked back. They were hooked to the wall to I couldn’t move. Wow, very original.

“You chained me to a wall?” I snorted again and laughed a few times. His expression did not falter.

“That is only to make sure you do not squirm.” He said matter of factly.

“Okay.” I laughed rolling my eyes. “So who are you supposed to be? The devil?”

“Yes, you could call me that.”

“You aren’t very scary.” I said flatly. “Isn’t the devil supposed to be scary?” he smiled slowly his eyes tearing into me giving me the feeling of being looked into. I shivered uncontrollably.

“We’ve only just met.” He said barely above and disappeared the door slamming closed making me jump again. So what if we just met? I groaned and rested my back against the somehow cold wall waiting for this dream to end.

Hours and hours past but nothing happened, my damn dream wasn’t ending. How long will I be passed out for? I started to count the bars surrounding me, and then I moved on to counting the stones, the cracks, the drips of water in the distance. The boredom was killing me! Why can’t I just wake up?!

I pinched myself but nothing happened, I yelled out nothing in particular to try and wake myself up; still nothing. God damnit.

I was waiting for something that I knew wasn’t going to come.

But I kept waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

How long has it been? Days? It felt like it.

“Did I die?” I whispered to myself. The door flung open and the devil walked in without any expression on his perfect face. Lust filled me again, why? I don’t even care right now; I just want to know what’s going on.

“Three days and eight hours it took you to realize that you are dead? I was starting to think you would continue to think that this was a dream.” He stopped halfway inside the cell wearing the same white shirt, black pants and black shoes.

“That’s impossible.” I said simply. One; I can’t be dead because this place is the place of my dreams and two; if it’s been three days how come I’m not hungry? I know I slept once but how am I not starving? Or dying of thirst? I haven’t eaten or drank anything.

“Not quite.” He motioned his hand towards the cell door and a horrid creature appeared. He looked human but his face was that of a deformed wolf and he was covered in matted brown fur; teeth jabbed out of his muzzle in all directions. He held something that looked like a club in his hand. The devil looked back at me with a bone chilling smile and left me with the creature. I scooted away but didn’t get far; it grunted and stepped towards me with the club. This is a dream. This is a dream. I looked up at the creature and smiled showing him I wasn’t fazed. He raised the club and belted me with it over and over again.