Chapter Three

After reading the orders given to him, Metatron set the paper ablaze. Being an angel of fire, the spell took no effort to execute. His eyes watched the paper slowly turn into nothing but ashes to be scattered by the wind. With the paper gone, he got his sword, put on his armor, and walks out of his room. As he makes his way to Heaven’s gates, he encounters Zagzagel – the Angel of Wisdom and Chief Guard of the 4th gate of Heaven. The angel was leaning against a pillar with his arms folded across his chest, his long orange hair pooled around his shoulders.

       “An early riser as always, Chief.” The orange-haired angel grinned. Metatron simply rolls his eyes as he walks past Zagzagel. The Angel of Wisdom followed him – much to Metatron’s annoyance.

       “Why are you up so early yourself, Zagzagel?” he asked without looking.

       “I just feel like it.”

       “Why are you following me?”

       “It is my task to escort you to heaven’s gates today, chief. Under direct orders from the Almighty.” Zagzagel quickly added.

       “I see.” The Angel of Wisdom sighed in relief at this. He knows that the Chief Angel doesn’t like t be followed around. If it weren’t for the fact that he is to escort Metatron by God’s orders he’d be chopped into pieces! The two angels passed by the training ground where several of the angels spend most of their time… obviously training. Many of the new recruits stopped to catch a glimpse of God’s Chief Angel walk down the hall. Despite the attention, Metatron kept his gaze straight.

       “You’re quite a celebrity.”

       “Says you.”

       “But it’s true!” Zagzagel exclaimed. “Everyone here is quite fond of you, you know.”

       “I don’t see why they should adore me, Zagzagel.”

       “They adore you because you’re God’s Champion, Chancellor of Heaven, Chief Angel, Sustainer of  mankind-“ In sheer annoyance, Metaron waved his hand and a magical tape appeared on Zagzagel’s mouth – effectively shutting him up.

       “Hush. You’ll wake up those who are still sleeping.” Zagzagel’s eyes glowed and the magical tape placed on his mouth was removed. He shot the red head a heated glare.

       “I wasn’t being that loud.”

       “You were.” Metatrong stopped walking and faced Zagzagel with a frown on his handsome angelic face. “And you know that I hate it when you mention my titles in front of other angels.” What was Zagzagel’s response? He shook his head and met Metatron’s hardened look.

      “Oh… being modest here, are we?”

      “I don’t like attracting too much attention to myself, you know that.”

      “Alright, alright. I’m so sorry about that, my friend. I promise I won’t do it again.” Gtumbling, Metatron and Zagzagel proceed to heaven’s gates. There, they saw St. Peter talking with Tzadkiel.

      “Peter! Tzadkiel!” the primaera angelus called out and both men turned to the sound of his voice.

      “Hey, bro! Aren’t you up early?”

      “I could say the same to you, brother. What are you doing up so early?” Metatron asked his twin.

      “Duties.” Tzadkiel responded. “I assume you’ve received God’s orders last night?”