Prologue

The entire Angelic council broke into a fit of mumur upon his announcement.  Even the Almighty himself could not believe it.

      "You wish to step down from your position as Chief Angel?" His all-kowing eyes narrowed at the figure kneeling before Him. he bowed his head so low that his bloord-red bangs shielded his guilty expression on his face. The peral-white toga he had on now had dark red stains on it - like flowers springing into full bloom at the garden. Even his hands are stained with blood, blood from the person he cherished the most. Everyone remains silent as they wait for the man's answer.

      "Yes," Again, the council murmured.

      "My child," the High One began. "Why do you wish for such a thing?" the man's eyes twitched at this. He's the All-knowing God, surely He knew about his crime. Why does He have to pretend not to know?

      "With all due respect, Majesty, You know of my crime." the angel answered back. "And  for my crimes, I must be punished." Everyone exchanged looks. Heaven knew of this. He had committed a crime, indeed. But the crime he did not out of free will.

      "Master..." said blazing-haired angel looked up and locked eyes with God's golden angel - Uriel. "... What happened was not your fault. It was all Mortem's doing. He tricked you! It's he who deserves to be punished!" Uriel said, trying to make his chief feel less guilty of the incident. At this, Metatron shook his head gravely.

       "The deed was doen by my hands. Therefore, I deserve to be punished."

       "But-"

      "Uriel..." Metatron's voice became stern. "What I have done can not be altered." At this, Uriel was silenced. he watched in silence as his master faces God and bows his head once more. "Please hand down Your divine judgment, Milord." This had to be the third time the Angelic council murmur. The Irin agreed that Metatron deserves to be punished, but the Quaddisin did not agree. The two sets of twins who make up the Angelic council argued back and forth. It all seized when God held up his hand.

       "Uriel has one valid point." Almighty said. "What happened was not your fault."

       "I think otherwise, Milord. My hands are stained with blood." the Benevolent's eyes are still glued to Metatron as His mind raced for a decision. He knows that it was not His Chief Angel's fault in the first place; he was deceived. But He also can't ignore the fact that he had shed blood which is considered a great crime in the Angelic code. He simply can't let this go. Still, He couldn't help but feel sad for He is about to hand down hs verdict.

       "Metatron..." the chief angel looked up and met God's eyes head on. His burgundy eyes show no fear, no hesitation... There's only one thing that he can decipher from those eyes: he's ready. "i hereby hand down my verdict..." Everyone turned their attention to their Lord. The Almighty lets out a long sigh before precedding. "You, Metatron, have committed a grave crime shedding blood. And for that, you will be removed from your position as Chief Angel of Heaven." Uriel was about to say something but God forestalled him with his hand. "I also hereby...."