EIGHT

R E N E ||

I was in a room full of white. There was a girl, dressed in all black with what seemed to be a black for polluting the area around her. Her golden brown locks were cut in a fringe. In her right hand, she held a scythe, like death holds in all of the cartoon drawings. She had a black hoodie with the hood up and a pair of skinny jeans (black) on.

"Who are you and where am I?" I asked the strange lady.

"I am Death," the girl, probably only seventeen, said to me. "I know, surprised that I'm a woman. You are here to decide what you want to do."

"What do you mean?"

"Your heart is going to start beating again. You can go on, or go back. Personally, I would go back but..."

I head Sirius talking. "I want to go on," I said, nearly crying.

"Why?" She asked.

"This twat," I replied hearing his voice.

"Listen to what he's saying Rene."

He was talking about his feelings. About how he fell in love with me. About why he couldn't tell me at first. About how he still loves me.

I smiled the biggest smile known to human kind. "Thank you for making me wait. Can I go back?"

"Certainly," she said, and pounded her scythe on the smoky floor. I wrenched open my eyes.

"I love you too," I said out loud, very weakly. I pushed myself up and brought myself into his lips. Time froze, and in that moment it was just me and Sirius, kissing each other. That is until I couldn't support myself anymore and I fell back on the pillow, my eyes fighting to stay open. I gave Sirius a smile.

"Rene, I want to ask you something," Sirius grasped my hand tightly. I nodded him along. "Will you be my girlfriend?" My world exploded into fireworks, but I kept my calm, simply raising my brows.

"A real girlfriend?" I asked, referring to the flings that Sirius had the previous year. He nodded. I closed my eyes, and nodded my head. I could barely stay awake.

"I'm okay Sirius," I said breathily. I could tell he was worried, he squeezed my hand tighter. "Just.. Exhausted. It doesn't feel like dying. It feels like I've just begun to live," I murmured, and then fell into a deep sleep, one that was not polluted with my normal nightmares, only good dreams of a bright future.

—————————————

S I R I U S ||

She laid there, sleeping so peacefully with a smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile too. She was so beautiful, and so happy looking. I was proud to say that I was the one who made her happy, not some other bloke who didn't understand her like understood her. Who didn't feel guilty every time he looked at her not with you, looking broken and sad. I felt so protective over her.

"Out! Out!" Poppy screeched. "This girl just came back from the dead she needs her rest!" With that we left the wing, but Evans grabbed my arm as we strolled through the doors.

"Listen here, Black. Rene is my friend, and if you hurt her, you have me to answer to. I'm already mad at you for bullying her, but the way you make her happy makes me happy. You have my blessing, keep it that way," Evans said quietly, but ferociously.

"Now that you've seen how happy they are, you might want tongs out with me?" Prongs asked.

"Not a chance Potter," she strolled away. Although, I'm fairly certain that I heard her giggle on her way out. Prongs obviously didn't notice, or he wouldn't have looked so dejected.

"Better luck next time, mate," I said, patting his back.

"Yeah..."

The weeks crawled by without Rene. I went to visit her everyday, though, so that was a plus. No one could believe that we were dating, and they wouldn't until they saw it. Of course, they would probably say that she put me under a love potion so I would love her. It wasn't just us who bullied her. It was practically the whole school.

Rene looked better every time I went to see her. The color was returning to her face, and she was returning to a healthy weight. Although, she was very bored, and her hair was a mess, she was still beautiful. The dark circles under her eyes were disappearing, her eyes weren't red anymore. Even her cuts were starting to fade.

Whenever I went to visit her, we joked about how she was rocking the vegetable look. She hadn't been slowed out of bed for the past month, because it would cause her cuts to open again and make her bleed out. We played a game, with her metamophagis powers, which only recently started working again, to change her hair to a color that would shock the school when she came back. We've decided some shade of blue, purple, or pink, those all looked stunning on her. All of them looked stunning in her, she was stunning.

Nothing could stop the high I was getting off of life now. For me, everything was perfect, and I wanted it to stay this way. I, Sirius Black, had finally settled down.