Epilogue

Epilogue:

I take the photo of me and my parents from my nightstand and put it carefully into my suitcase. Today is the day that I leave all this behind and start a new life. I am going to have an awesome mom and a handsome dad. I am going to have a cousin that is now one of my best friends. This is the best day of my life.

Today it is exactly a month since the day I joined Gregg and Poppy at the carnival. I have been with them a lot since then, but today I officially move in with them. Today they are my new parents. That sounds so cool, my new parents.

Kevin really did talk to me that Monday after the carnival trip and he made sure I got the lead in the play. Don’t ask me how; he doesn’t want to tell me a thing. Even though he is a senior we had been hanging out a lot. I am also now officially known as the lucky girl who is the cousin of the hot lacrosse captain. From drool to cool in one day, lucky me.

I zip up my suitcase and walk to walk to the door. I put my hand on the doorknob.  When I open this door my life would be different forever. I open the door and walk out, down the stairs and into the living room.

I'm attacked by little arms as I take a step in. I look down at the little kids. I am going to miss them so much.

I look up and find Mrs Henderson’s face. She smiles at me and mouth the words, "I am proud of you."