Reacquainted With A Stranger

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know I needed to rename the Merlin's Circles to Apollo's Disks. So I thought about it and thought you might like it. If not let me know and i can change it back. Let me know what you think!!;)

--------

Time stood still as I watched her lifeless form being carried to her grave. My eyes rained tears as I morned for her to be in my arms once again. The King's hand laid on my shoulder in regret as he nodded for them to barry her in her new home, until the end of time. "My condolences" the King's bowing his head in honor of her greatest sacrifice to her kingdom. She gave her life for her home, and I would not see the deed go unhonored before I myself found my grave. Her life had blossomed as the evening rose, lit by the soft moonlight as it's petals opened at the howls of the wolves, coming to honor it's beauty until the sun woke from it's slumber the next sunrise.

I remembered how I used to chase her with small creatures as a child at our young ages. My heart ached as they covered her slumbering coffin with the moist earth that would soon be graced my the fates with flowers, a sign of honor that she truly displayed for her kingdom when there was still life his her warm emerald eyes. As I looked to the sky's, the sun peeked around from behind a grey wall of clouds to make it's dues to the lifeless woman, now laying peacefully in the earth. The sun warmed my skin as I turned to greet it. Reviving my joy she had placed in everyone's hearts by her graceful presence not but a day ago. I vowed to see that the men that ended her life not go unpaid for their deeds to the kingdom that they had bestowed upon themselves. I would see them laying in the earth, where not even the sun dares to peek at their lifeless bodies and they are lower into the ground.

--------

Quinn's POV

As my consciousness returned, I found myself in an unfamiliar place. Not my normal, chilling cell. But instead in a warm bed. I sighed as the peculiar events of the days before rushed back to my mind. I looked over at the angel asleep next to my bed in her own slumber. I recalled my dream, from moments before, as I relived the morning for my dear sister's passing as she gave her greatest gift to the kingdom, in return for it's safety. Her life.

My eyes roamed the small chambers we were resting in, to find the moon still in dominance over the sky, out of a sliver of the tents leather binding. I sighed once more and turned my stiff body away from the moonlight, longing for sleep in the absence of dreams as I had told Pan early the long day before. I ignored the sounds of my stomach yearning for food to come to it, and softly laughed as I remembered that I now had the freedom to eat when I desired. I quietly pulled a small loaf of bread from Mershada's satchel and nibbled at it's tough skin, surrounding it's soft, warm center. Ha! Freedom. A word so foreign to my tongue.

I reached down under my bed and pulled out the small black box Maria had given me. As I opened it, I picked up one of the Apollo's Disks and held it in my hand.

Suddenly, I was fighting a number of armored soldiers in the foreyard of the castle. I looked around me to see Sarai, my sister, fighting soldiers as I was. Linlu, a number of King Marks soldiers and other faces I didn't not recognize were doing the same. I had no memory of what had happened prior to this, other than my dream I had dreamt not but 3 nights ago. I could tell we were overwhelmed as we retreated into the vineyard. I saw Merek's smug face as his soldiers tarnished our beautiful castle.

I yelled as i charged him, with only a sword and rage filling my senses. His soldiers instantly surrounded him as I fought them. Merek eyes darted to a figure in the distance a head of me and his face was painted with anger. "Merek!" King Mark yelled as his face was angry as well. "What is the meaning if all this?" he asked. I had never seen him as infuriated as he was now. Merek just laughed as we spread his arms and looked around him "You have fallen, brother." he said looking at the diminished castle that once stood highest in the land. King Mark tightened his grip in his sword in his hands and he continued toward Merek and his soldiers, still confronting myself.

As his sword came in contact with Merek's my vision blurred and I was returned to my consciousness, still sitting upright in our dark cabin, my hand still gripping the orb tightly. My breath shook as I released it, not realizing I had been holding it, my lungs now screaming for air.

The sun had now risen into the wide sky, bringing small steams of light upon our dirt floor of our tent chambers. My eyes wandered over to the sleeping beauty in the tent with me. Her chest slowly rising as her breath filled his lungs, giving her peace at rest. I grinned as I replaced the orbs to their hiding place underneath my bed for safe keeping until I returned. I rose and lifted the curtain that served as our door to out tent, to find most of the people already stirring even in the early morning. "Quinn" Pan called to me with a smile. "It seems my people favor you and your woman. Would you and the lady join us for a morning meal?" he asked patting his hand on my shoulder in greeting. "We would be honored" he smiled and started to lead me to the meeting grounds before I stopped him, "Pan, if I may, Mershada is not my property. She is her own woman and I would think it kind of you if she were presumed in such a manner." I offered kindly. "Of course, my apologies. We are friends are we not?" he asked again smiling. "Gratitude then" I said going to wake Mershada for the morning meal.

When I entered our chamber I found her already awake and stirring. "Morning" she said lightly. I nodded and began, "Pan has invited us to the morning meal with the people here. They seem fond of us." I told her as I pulled on my sandals. "I agree" she said following my actions pulling on her brown strapped sandals as well. As we made our way towards Pan, an unfamiliar face confronted me with a wide grin. "Welcome, Quinn" he greeted me warmly. "Hello" I stretched out my hand to him. "Do you not recall my face?" he asked sensing my memories had faded from me. "Apologies" I shook my head. "So the King treated your mind as well" he muttered barely audible. "I'm sorry?" I said confused. "Lord Merek's magicians wiped much of the Kings close friends of their memories from their hearts, as he did mine before I recalled them with a miracle a few years back. Apologies for the intrusion then." he said stepping away to leave. I stopped him, now curious of his tale. "to what purpose?" i asked with Mershada listening in still at my side. "That is all my mind dares not to remember" he looked at me sorrowfully. "I am sorry I could not help you, but I will help answer that question if I may. When you depart from here, if I may I would long to accompany you on your journey." I frowned at his statement. "How are you so sure we're going to fight on cross purposes with Merek?" he just grinned and replied, "Because were once good friends, Quinn. I know your heart well, and I am certain you will not remain silent any longer. That cell did not serve you well." I stepped toward him, not trusting his words. "How did you acquire that knowledge?" he just grinned and eye me as he spoke.

"Because I was in the cell with you for many years. You once called me Linlu."