Hogwarts

Azura sat in the Ravenclaw Girls dormitory unpacking as the other Ravenclaws chatted and joked about in the common room. The beds had plain, dark blue linen sheets and blue and bronze hangings. As Azura unpacked, she got more and more lonely and homesick.

The words "A Lestrange non ostenderent affectus, illa tegmina timore et tristitia cum frigida indifferentia." were enscribed inside a locket, handed down from Rudolphus' mother, to Bellatrix, to Azura. They mean, "A Lestrange doesn't show her feelings, she masks her fear and sadness with a cold indifference." Azura touched the locket around her neck, and masked her sadness well, with a sarcasm that could kill, biting insults, and top grades in almost every subject. 

                                                                      ***

The only subject Azura wasn't top in was Defence against the Dark Arts, with Proffessor Quirrel, a stuttering little man with a turban. Azura found him annoying and cowardly, and often talked back in class, contradicting him.

Azura found it fun to turn other pupils quills into snakes, make their wands shoot out of their hands and levitate their belongings to a shelf high-up.

She never got told off or reprimanded for these things, the teachers didn't seem to know it was her, and instead blamed other students. Azura picked mostly on the half-blood or mudblood kids, she thought them unworthy of magic, and wastes of space.

                                                                      ***

Azura had been at Hogwarts five months before she decided to write a letter, one rainy sunday afternoon in the Ravenclaw common room. She put her quill at the top of her parchment, marked with the Lestrange family crest, and began to write.

Mother and Father,

I am well, I have settled into Hogwarts nicely. Hope you are well too.

Azura.

The letter was short, Azura had never been a setimental type, addressing it to

'Mr & Mrs Rudolphus Lestrange, Azkaban'

And tying the small letter to her owl, Azura walked up to her dormitory, letting Oscar out of the window into the rain.

                                                                      ***

She had received only one piece of post since her arrival at Hogwarts, a small parcel from the Malfoys, containing a letter, asking her how she was and some of the house-elf's homeomade white chocolate cookies, Azura's favourite. She had written back to the Malfoys, saying that she was well and looked forward to the holidays when she could go back to their house and stay with them and Harmony. 

She received no reply to the letter to her parents.

 .