Chapter 9

Chapter Nine: Who pissed in his mackerel?

As soon as the words left my mouth, my eyes flickered to Haru. I was about to sigh in relief when I saw that his expression was as stoic as ever- which meant he didn't hate me -when we locked gazes and his aqua eyes narrowed the slightest bit in distaste.

He then averted his gaze, folding his arms over his chest and puffing out air. "I won't do it."

His tone was decisive and had that "back off bitch" ring to it, and I deflated.

"But..." I began. "You didn't even-"

"Too much work," he interjected.

"But I promise-" I tried again.

"Don't wanna."

"But Haru-"

"It's too much work," he repeated, though his tone was much harsher this time around.

Instead of getting sad, though, I got mad. I was trying to help him repair his relationship with Rin (and possibly have him get some while he was at it) and he was rejecting my plan even before it reached his ears just because he was LAZY?

"Listen, lazy ass," I sneered, getting all up in his face.

He shied away a bit in discomfort before coming back stronger, even going so far as to shove me a bit. "How many times to I have to say no to your stupid plan, you uptight American?"

At this point, I didn't care HOW pretty this asshole was- he was going to get it.

I chuckled darkly. "You're asking for it, bi-"

"Okay!" Makoto interrupted cheerfully. "Tessa, please tell us your plan. And Haru, cooperate or I'm going to give every school and community pool's lifeguard a picture of you and tell them that you are not allowed to swim there because you pee in every pool."

Haru grimaced. "I would never. That would taint the water's purity."

"I agree with Mako-chan," Nagisa said. "Tessa-chan and Haru-chan's little argument was getting a bit out if hand. And Haru-chan, you know that Tessa-chan and Yumi-chan are only trying to help us."

Haru huffed then gave me a look that said "Well? Get on with it!"

Who pissed in his mackerel?

"Well," I started. "Have you noticed that my hair and eyes match Mako's, and Yumi's match Haru's?"

Everyone nodded.

"Well, maybe we could pretend to be related to each other! Mako and I, and Haru and Yumi. It would give Mako and excuse to come to my house and see Rin, and it would give Haru a chance to see him whenever Yumi comes over. And Nagisa, you could come over with Adrian. You both have blonde hair, that's good enough."

Yumi and I grinned while the boys wore facial expressions that said that they were thinking. Hard. (THAT must be a difficult task for them.)

"We should run this by Adrian before we decide," Mako suggested. "Since she's going to be a part of it also."

"Orrr," Yumi said. "We could get a blonde haired girl from Samezuka to participate in this."

"But there's always the chance that Rin would recognize her," Nagisa pointed out. "Then he would find out our plan and get mad."

"Or," Haru said, "we could all go swimming at Tessa's pool."

"How the fuck did you know I had a pool, you creep?" I smacked Haru upside the head.

"My water senses were tingling," he replied. "And my water senses never fail me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All in favor of Tessa's plan, say aye!" Yumi said.

"AYE!" I exclaimed, shooting my hand up in the air.

I glanced around triumphantly, then realized...

I was the only one with their hand in the air.

Sons of bitches.

"So I guess Haru's plan wins, then..." Mako chuckled. "Don't feel bad, Tess. It's just that your plan was a bit too complicated."

I sobbed into Yumi's shoulder. "So Operation Gemini is a no-go?" I asked sadly.

She pet my head. "I'm sorry sweetie."

"...... Get me my cookie butter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tess, that's already your third jar of cookie butter. I think you should-"

"Fuck that shit," I sneered, my mouth full of cookie butter. "I'll stop when I get over the fact that those gay swimmer boys are UNGRATEFUL SONS OF BITCHES!"

I shoved another spoonful into my mouth and Yumi sighed. "Tess, it's alright. I'm sure that they just rejected your plan because-"

"Ring.."

Yumi and I glanced at each other, shaking our heads to say that neither of us had spoken.

"RING RING."

"Tess-"

"RING RING!"

"Your pho-"

"RIII-!"

"Moshi moshi?" I answered the phone.

"Hey, farts and stripes."

I gulped, looking at Yumi and mouthing "Rin".

"The fuck you want, Fuschia Jaws?" I muttered. "I was in the middle of having a very important-"

"Look, Tess, I don't care," he interrupted me. "I need to ask you a favor."

"Well you SHOULD care, 'cause starting Monday, you're gonna be living under my roof. My roof, my rules, and that means I can be a bitch to you all you like."

I heard him sigh. "Tessa, I'm serious. I need a huge favor."

I sighed myself. "What is it?"

"My mom kicked me out of the house, and I need a place to stay."

~*~ Alistair's Dark Corner ~*~

//runs away before you can kill me

I KNOW IT'S SHORT. I KNOW, ALRIGHT. DON'T KILL ME.

But me leaving it like this gives me an opportunity to give you a quicker update and also to have an idea of what to write for the next chapter.

So sorrryyyy. o-o Please indulge yourselves in this single chapter and the previous ones until I can use the non-existent hard working part of my brain to give you guys quicker and better updates.