Fallen Together

Name: Cheeruplittleteacup

Pairing: Ziall

ZIALL ROCKz (I agree with you here.)

Summary: Zayn and Niall were once childhood best friends, being separated they find each other, by fate. They then discover certain feelings, hoping they can pick up where they left off.

Hope I do okay. Sorry it took so long, lost inspiration after I started it three times. I think it turned out pretty nice. 

~~

    Once upon a time Niall Horan fell in love. With Zayn Malik. His best friend. He loved everything about the raven haired lad, the way he would smile when Niall laughed, the way his eyes would sparkle when he was happy, the way he would take care of and protect Niall when he needed it. Niall loved every piece of the boy. 

    There was only one problem standing in Niall's way. Zayn wasn't gay, he didn't see Niall in the same way that the blonde saw him. In fact, Zayn hated gays, disgusted by them. They had never bothered Niall, but he had never really been bothered by much in his life. Other than the fact that he has never and will never hear the beautiful sound of Zayn's voice. 

    Niall had been deaf since birth, never able to hear a sound all his life. He had been teased throughout his childhood for it, called names, shoved to the side, bullied. But Niall walked away from it all with his head held high, and that's what Zayn admired most about the boy. He was so confident in himself, always saw the best in everyone, and never held grudges. Maybe he should have thought about how much Niall meant to him before he had just gotten up and walked away from him. 

    Long story short, when Niall had told Zayn that he was having feelings for the older boy, it didn't go well at all. Zayn couldn't accept that, so he had ignored Niall and avoided him for three days after his confession. After that he had moved away and Niall didn't see or hear from him for a long time.

    Niall spiraled into depression after that, unable to find the joy in life when Zayn wasn't by his side. He had never picked up a razor and cut himself, but sometimes he would throw himself down a flight of stairs just to see how badly bruised he would be the next day. His parents weren't worried about him, they didn't even notice he was doing so bad. They were always off visiting foreign places. Without Zayn by his side, Niall only had his brother, Greg, left. But he could only do so much when he was in college. 

    Sometimes he would write letters to Zayn, telling him all the little things he loved about the tan lad, knowing that Zayn would never set eyes on the words that came from his heart. So he burned them, that way no one would ever read it. If Zayn couldn't read it, than what was the point. He gave up writing soon after he came to the conclusion. 

    Niall wrote Zayn a song. A song that made Niall cry every time he sang it softly to himself as he strummed along on his guitar. He had once sang it to his teacher, asking her if it was good or not. She had laughed at him, telling him that he was heartbroken over something that wasn't really there. She didn't believe that Niall had really been in love. Niall stopped playing guitar after that. 

    Niall used to go outside and talk to Zayn through the moon, telling him everything he could think of. How his day went. How much he loved him. How much he missed him. He liked to think that Zayn could really hear him. But his neighbor, Josh, had teased him, telling him how stupid his voice sounded. Niall stopped talking after that. 

    And just when he thought he couldn't take it anymore, Greg finished college. The day that Zayn had left, Greg promised his little brother that as soon as he was out of school, he would take Niall and they would move away, somewhere Niall could start over. They moved to a small town, to a neighborhood that were all friendly.