The Table Games

"And the first category is volleyball!" The man with the busy gray moustache shouted, a microphone in his hand. "We will be having a show down, so each team should put forth their best volleyball player now. You have two minutes to talk it over." 

    Louis turned to his team, the red team, which consisted of Niall, Josh, Ed, Eleanor, Justin, and himself. "Alright," Louis stated, looking at the determined faces of his teammates. "Who thinks that they do best in volleyball? Remember, this is the only one you can do, so we much choose wisely, especially since we don't know what the other categories are." His teammates nodded their heads, glancing around at one another. 

    "Let me do this, I always win the scrimmages back at home," Josh volunteered, stepping closer to the captain of the team. They had all decided that Louis should be in charge of the team, he had always been able to carry the whole team, to encourage one another. And since they would be participating against Zayn's team, the popular team, they would definitely need to keep their spirits up. 

    "Are you sure you want to be the one to do this?" Louis asked, his eyes flickering up at the other team. They were chatting quietly amongst themselves. Josh nodded, taking a deep breath. "So it's settled. I have faith in you, Josh. We all do." They other team members nodded, patting Josh on the back.

    The previous week, the red team, also known as the losers, had sat down at the popular kids table, since theirs was taken. This proved to be a bad idea. Zayn's blue team had gotten angry immediately, and a fight broke out between Zayn and Louis. Josh and Ed had to step in before Louis was seriously injured. Because face it, Louis was no match for Zayn.

    And that's when the competition had started. Louis and Zayn had both said that their group belonged at the table, and somehow they got to the Table Games.  They would go six rounds, each one an unidentified sport that each member one each team had to complete. Each round was one hundred points to the winning team and fifty points to the losing team. One of the rounds, however, the value of the points would be doubled. Neither team would know what round it would be, so it would be fair on both teams. 

    If Louis' team won, than his group would get the table, and Zayn's group would have to find a different table. But if Zayn's team won, then Louis' group would have to find a different table. Neither team intended on losing, but people could easily see that Zayn's team would win. Zayn's team were the athletes, but Louis' team were the wimps. 

    "Alright then, teams, please send forth your playing member. The rest of you need to sit on the bleachers and watch," the announcer man shouted, a volleyball tucked under his arm. Josh flashed the red team a thumbs up and he hurried onto the court, where his opponent, Taylor, was waiting, her long blonde hair pulled back in a pony tail. 

    "Good luck," He whispered, watching as she rolled her eyes, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she crossed to her side of the court. The announcer passed Taylor the ball, and she threw it up in the air, cracking down hard on it with her hand. It flew over the net, slamming into Josh's chest, causing him to fly backwards onto the floor. The blue team cheered as Niall jumped down the bleachers, crouching down beside his fallen friend. 

    "Josh?" Niall gasped, placing Josh's head into his lap. "Are you okay? Please, say something, you're scaring me." Josh groaned, bringing his hand up and rubbing his chest, where the ball had hit. 

    "For a girl that tiny, she sure packs a punch," Josh wheezed, sitting up. Niall placed a hand on his shoulder, biting his lip. "I'll be fine, Nialler. We are only playing until someone scores two points. I can do this, I am not going to give up on our team." 

    "Be careful," Niall whispered, helping his friend stand again on his two feet. Josh nodded, giving Niall a quick hug before gently shoving the boy off the court. He was ready now, he could do this. it was now Josh's turn to serve the ball, but he wasn't sure he could do it.