Forty Four

This cannot be happening! I'm in a room with some sort of bio-enhanced girl, and she's showing me a scar from a gunshot, and it's on her chest! If it wasn't for her bra, I would be able to see her breasts! As it is, the bra leaves nothing to my imagination!

"Are you alright Blake?" she asks again as I sit in front of her, dumbfounded.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry," I smile, "it's not every day that a girl strips in front of me" I tease. Instantly, her face is flushed red, and she drops her head so her eyes are hidden by her hair. She stands there though, and I can see the scar just above her belly button.

"Is that where they shot you?" I ask, my voice heavy with concern. It looks like it would have been seriously painful. The scar is pink and uneven, marked by jagged lines that look like a wild animal ripped at her stomach.

"Yes." She says quietly, timidly from behind her hair. I get up, and I grab her in a hug.

"Sorry. I can be a jerk sometimes."

"It's ok." I hear from her as her arms come around my back. "I can be a bitch sometimes too." I smile at that. I like Eve. Not like how I like Kay. I like her as friend. And I feel drawn to her, like I need to protect her. She needs someone.

Everybody needs someone.

To be continued :)