Mind Reader

Mind Reader

Start speaking your mind reading

You can't keep me out, believe it

Start speaking say what we mean

No lies tucked in between our teeth

Derryck's POV

 I'm pretty special actually, since I was the first person out of the whole lot to find his or her power. I mean, at first, I didn't believe the man's words. I don't take any crap, but it happened while I was writing an exam.

It was a math test and I went quite crazy trying to cheat off the answers off of the people sitting nearby.

We were all in the hall and our math teacher, Mrs. McMinn, handed us the papers. I took one look at it and I thought, holy moly, how the hell am I gonna solve this shit?!

The only thing I knew was my name, and my name is spelt like my parents asked a monkey to jumble up and arrange letters and call me any crap they get. Now I know where I got my dumb genes from.

Derryck. I wrote on the paper.

What kind of name is that? Couldn't they spell it like the normal and respectable 'Derek'?

I just couldn't think of anything to write on this paper. I mean, I studied so damn well for this test.

No, Derryck, no you did not.

Shut it, conscience!

Anyway, I decided to glance at Marianne's paper, the girl sitting beside me. It was really disturbing looking at her to be honest. Do you know how people stick their tongues out while doing something? Like solving a math test perhaps? Yeah, she was doing that. All I could see was a tongue wiggling out of her mouth. So I just stared at her, fascinated by the moving tongue and soon, I heard words in my head.

X squared plus 3 X squared…no that's wrong. Oh, oh yeah! Riiight, its x squared minus 3x squared…

 It was Marianne's voice! In my head!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

 But she was quite messed up, I mean, she was so indecisive. She'd go like "Oh, right its blah, oh no, that's wrong too." And I'm like half asleep just waiting for her bulb to be lit.

So I decided to have some fun by looking into the minds of some airheads. My eyes landed on Carmen. She had more plastic surgeries done to her than that Swedish cat woman! Maybe it was just that make up stuff…

Um, so like…the botox might cost $30000 and like, oh my god I can't wait for my birthday! Oh yeah, um, the liposuction may cost around $50000 but that's like 'kay 'cause daddy will pay for it. I'm sure! Anyway, I am in need of, like, lipgloss… pronto! Oh my god, why do I feel like someone's looking at me…?

I quickly looked away from her. She was so scary. I stared into my paper for a while, in case my teacher suspected anything. Then I quickly glanced back behind me and see Leo, that guy that was in the Janitor's closet with all those other people. He appeared to be smart, so…

I smell sex and candy here who's that lounging in my chair, who's that casting devious stares in my direction.

Little did I know that he was singing. I wrote whatever he sang down on the paper and Mrs. McMinn passed by, furrowing her eyebrows and tutting.

"THIS IS IRRELEVENT TO ANYTHING CONCERNING MATHEMATICS!" she screamed.

"Meh," I said to myself. "Sorry."

I decided to read her mind for a laugh.

He should be ashamed! Why can't people like him go back to Nursery?!

"Oh, you want me to go back to nursery?"

Her facial expression transformed into a puzzled look.

"Wha- what makes you think so?" she stammered.

"I'm out, chow." I said, winking.