On My Way

On My Way

Ask me what I want to be, and I will say I will be me

Nothing more and nothing less today

'Cause yesterday you'll see

Nothing changes in my world

I'm just looking for a thrill

Why does everybody have to be

Somebody?

Leo's POV

 We were cramped up in this very small room, not spacious enough to fit even a single wardrobe. I stared around the room, glancing at the many photos of a certain man whose hair was as a black as coal and his eyes seemed to be navy blue. The rest of the photos were in black and white. He had a malicious look to him and his smirk was annoying. It just popped up everywhere. None of us know why we're here. I awkwardly looked at the four other people in the room.

 In the centre was the janitor, Xing Wu. He was a middle aged man who I knew nothing about, but he apparently sticks up photos of people in superhero gear for his entertainment or whatnot. The person crouched down beside me was Zoë, a mysterious girl who no one really spoke to. There was nothing wrong with her though. She had a beautiful smile…when she did smile and a hot figure, but her personality was anonymous to everyone. She wouldn't even look at anyone of us. Her stare was just fixated onto the ground as if she was held in a trance. The other girl was Emma, I suppose. All I can say is that she's a freak. Seriously, she's the weirdest person ever. She gets bullied, but positivism takes over her and she just doesn't care. Sometimes I wish I could be like that. The guy snoring in his deep slumber next to her was Derryck. He's a troublemaker but he's likeable. None of us had ever spoken to each other before, I mean, that's highly unlikely. We all come from different cliques, different backgrounds and we all have different friends. That is, if Zoë even had any friends.

The janitor was blabbing on about how he can sense powers and all. Everyone was looking quizzically at each other. What has that got to do with anything?

Janitor Wu was eyeing Derryck for sometime since he was fast asleep. He grabbed the mop next to him and hit him on the head. His long black hair began dripping with dirty water from the mop and Emma giggled at him causing the janitor to become even more furious.

"DO YOU WANT TO KNOW YOUR SUPERPOWERS OR NOT?!"

His voice was audible, not only to the passersby but I believe the sound wave probably reached the principal's office…and the door was closed.

Emma and Derryck seemed like they were almost going to cry. This was so out of my depth.

"That hurt, mister janitor sir…guy!" Derryck told him, rubbing his head continuously covering us with dirty mop water.

"What are we here for?" I asked, wanting to go out already.

"Well, I sensed that you four have superpowers but you mustn't tell anybody."

"Bullshit," Derryck muttered, rolling his eyes at the janitor's idiocy.

"Exca-use me?" he asked.

"We don't have superpowers, how high were you yesterday?" Derryck began, clearly wanting to start a fight.

"Wait, listen," whispered Zoë. Everyone stared at her bug-eyed. "Maybe he really means it." Her eyes quickly found their way back to the ground.

"Of course I do, you lot will have to defeat The Mimic. He is a bad, bad man."

"I rest my case," sighed Derryck, face palming himself.

"Okay, can you tell us what our powers are?" I questioned him, taking it easy.

"Well," he started.

We all look at him eagerly. Come on, come on, come on. I'd like to have the best power. Honestly, I think I deserve it. After all, nothing good ever came out of all that football playing. Maybe popularity, but I'll lose that when school ends.

"I really don't know!" he chuckled.

What. The. Hell?

"Exca-use me?" Derryck imitated, already perfecting the janitor's strange Asian accent.

"What, son? You must find them out for yourselves!"

"Mm, I knew it." Zoë said to herself, getting up to head outside. She is followed by Emma and Derryck.

I, too, get up and walk out. What a lame meeting.

"Come again soon when you find your powers!" the janitor said cheerfully.

"Right," I say, knowing that I'll never come back.

"Remember, do not tell anyone!"

We nod perfunctorily, just going with the flow.

All of us leave, taking different paths as if we hadn't just met. We never thought that we’d need to see each other…again.