Prologue

Prologue

It was a breezy day, the wind blowing in strong gusts making the leaves rustle and the garbage fly out of the litter bins. The two enemies stood in an alleyway, affording no exit because of its dead end, a brick wall sprayed with graffiti from the sixties.

He stood as tough as a warrior fearlessly facing the mighty villain, The Mimic, even though he knew his powers were nothing compared to his. The Mimic had the most sinister powers and looks. He had glossy black hair and his eyes were a deep indigo color. He was a very peculiar superhuman indeed.

"Your powers are no match for mine!" roared The Mimic, his loud voice causing a tingling sensation within the young superhero's ear canal.

The young superhero was Wonder Wu, an adolescent who had just arrived to America from China to defeat The Mimic once and for all.

"I may not have what you may have, Mimic, but I know that I'm strong-willed." He bravely spoke.

"Why are you here again?" uttered The Mimic tediously, sighing at Wonder Wu's statement.

It only took one breath for Wonder Wu to exhale a huge volume of air to push The Mimic into a brick wall.

Smash!

Embarrassed, The Mimic got up and laughed hysterically.

"You do not know how puny you are, Weak Wu."

"It's Wonder Wu."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, in the end, a hero must be honest, mustn't he? Let's face it; you're weak, small and just plain stupid."

Wonder Wu was slowly shaking his head in disagreement, "No."

"Oh yes!" said The Mimic proudly, eventually holding up his hand in a way which allowed him to paralyze Wonder Wu.

As still as a scarecrow, Wonder Wu was helpless. What will he do?

"Know what I'm doing?" asked The Mimic grimly.

Since Wonder Wu could not reply, The Mimic answered himself. "I'm absorbing your skills, and canceling them."

Of course! Wonder Wu thought. The Mimic held the Power Mimicry and Negation abilities.

Soon, Wonder Wu was lying down vulnerably on the ground as he slowly blacked out.

Finally done with the absorption and cancellation of powers, The Mimic gazed wickedly into Wonder Wu's eyes, and complacently told him, as he was self-satisfied with what he had achieved, "No one will be able to defeat me."