If Only

Just a little one shot I wrote when I was half asleep. Song is If Only by Dove Cameron. Enjoy.

Pacifica looked out the window of the coffee shop she was in, a large cappuccino in between her hands. She really hated the cold, but it did give her a chance to enjoy all the coffee and hot chocolate she could drink.

The Pines twins walked by on the other side of the street and Pacifica's mind began to wander, yet again.

A million thoughts in my head
Should I let my heart keep listening
'Cause up 'til now I've walked the line
Nothing lost but something missing

Her mind always did this whenever she saw him. She knew her parents would never let her date him, but she just couldn't help herself.

I can't decide
What's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go

She didn't even know if he felt the same way, but could only hope he did. Yeah, she could just ask Mabel, though she wanted Dipper to come around on his own accord, not by force.

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling
Is this just a dream?

The two of them were carrying multiple bags, probably getting the last of their holiday shopping done. Pacifica frowned, realizing she hadn't even finished her own. What was she going to get them?

If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
If only

Pacifica couldn't even pinpoint when she fell for the male twin. Maybe sometime around the fifth summer they spent in Gravity Falls? Dipper finally grew into his lankiness that summer and Pacifica couldn't take her eyes off of him.

Every step, every word
With every hour I am falling in
To something new, something brave
To someone I, I have never been

He stopped wearing hats that same summer, showing off his odd birthmark. Mabel must have worked with him on his hair and clothes.

I can't decide
What's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go

Pacifica's phone buzzed and she looked at it with a frown. It was her father sending her information on possible husbands. She looked at the pictures and grimaced. They all looked uptight and snooty.

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling
Is this just a dream?

Her phone buzzed again, another message from her father saying he was setting up meetings with these men. She made a face, not wanting anything to do with them. After all, her heart belonged to another.

If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
If only

She sighed, knowing the only way she would be able to follow her heart was to run as far away as she could. Dipper would probably help her with that, especially if it pissed off her father. She already tried getting disowned, but the Northwests are the perfect, happy family.

Am I crazy? Maybe we could happen
Will you still be with me when the magic's all run out?

Or her and Dipper could elope. Her parents didn't believe in divorce so they couldn't force that on her. She sighed, bringing herself back to reality. She might just have to talk to Mabel about this one.

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling
Is this just a dream?

Her phone buzzed again. Her father was calling her. She took a deep breath and composed herself before answering.

"Hello, father."

"Pacifica, did you get all those files I sent you?"

"Yes."

"And?"

"They are interesting."

"Hmm. Well don't plan anything for next week because that's when you'll be meeting them all."

"Yes, Father."

Pacifica heard the click of the line going dead on the other end and stuffed her phone in her pocket.

If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
If only

She stared out the window again, wondering what to do. The only logical thing would be to go to the Shack and talk to the twins. That always cheered her up.

She grabbed her purse and coffee and headed out to do just that. She texted Mabel when she got to her car.

I'm coming over.

Mabel sent back a bunch of happy emojis and Pacifica laughed.