Chapter 38 - It's not supposed to be funny

C A I T L Y N

The party had started, and I was still on the couch, watching Twilight. I had somehow gotten popcorn, but I didn't know how. Tristan wasn't sitting next to me anymore, but I didn't know where he had gone, or why he had gone there. The kids were all outside, but I couldn't turn my head around to see what exactly they were doing. I wanted to but I couldn't. It was too much.

"You're still watching it?" someone asked. It was a stupid question seeing as I was obviously still watching it, so I didn't answer.

Whoever it was sat next to me on the couch, and said, "I used to really love this as a kid."

I wanted it to be Richard, but Twilight didn't exist when Richard was a kid. It couldn't be a kid either. It definitely couldn't be Tristan because Tristan thought Edward was pedophile. So it had to be...

"Zoey."

"Yeah, I'll shut up, I know," she said. "Who's your favorite though?"

"Jessica."

She laughed, "I meant between Edward and Jacob."

"Still Jessica."

She laughed some more, "Why? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Jessica. I actually think they do her a disservice in the movie –"

"They do her fucking dirty!" I said. I couldn't help it. I was high out of my mind. "She's just there to show Bella's not like other girls, which she absolutely is. She's a fucking idiot. She wants to fuck a guy who wants to kill her. That's not new."

"I know, right? It's a blatant attack on girly girls. They basically want us to like Bella more because she doesn't care about prom. Stephanie really–"

"Who the fuck is Stephanie?"

"She's the writer of Twilight."

"Right, go on."

"Oh, well, I was just saying I think Stephanie fell for the whole girl-power movement of her time, which actually gave no real power to girls anywhere, I mean, it was totally bogus. It just made girls deny their girlhood everywhere, so they could finally be allowed in the men's world–"

"Because it's still a men's world at the of the day!" I said.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" someone else asked. I looked up this time.

Tristan was standing at the other end of the couch with a confused look on his face. I turned to Zoey. She was right next to me. I hadn't realized she was this close. She was also smiling.

"Tristan thinks Edward's a pedophile," I told her.

She looked at him, "Why?"

I looked at him too. He said, "He's over a hundred years old and she's seventeen."

"Well, he's basically seventeen too," Zoey argued.

"No, he looks seventeen, but he's been around since the Spanish flu. He's a pedophile."

"He makes a good point," I admitted, looking back at Zoey.

She shrugged, "He does actually."

"I know," Tristan said. "And I didn't even watch the movie. Everything I know about it I learned against my will."

I laughed, "Where have you been anyway?"

"I had a nosebleed," he said, taking a seat next to me.

"Did you really?" Zoey asked.

"No, I'm lying to you," he said, even though he wasn't. "Right, put something else on. I'm not watching this shit."

"I don't know where the remote is," I said, turning the sound up.