Chapter 4 - Relief

Chapter 4 – Relief

The dress.

It was the dress.

That damned dress!

All I could think about was the dress at that point, the fact that it was cursed. But who, and how?! I needed to get it off, and I needed to get to the bottom of it. Whoever did this was NOT going to get away with it...

But everything was fading, vastly. I was losing consciousness, and along with it, hope. I couldn’t let this happen, I just couldn’t. I needed to find out who did this to me. I needed Will.

But I was just lying there, in an immense amount of pain. My ability to move was decreasing, and my vision continued to waver. I watched him sitting there on top of me, looking extremely baffled and brain dead, particularly zombie-like.

And that was the last thing that I saw before it all started to merge into blackness, nothing but black.

Except a hint of hazily vague voices in the background...

“What the! Get the...”

“Oh my god! She’s lost a lot of blood...quick...”

“Get her inside...I’ll deal with him...”

...

~

All I could feel were vibrations, all around me. The earth was shaking.

I couldn’t see anything, everything was still pitch black. I felt closed in, and all I could smell was that musty aroma of fresh dirt, all around me. Everything was moving, shaking violently, almost as if the ground beneath me was about to give, any moment now.

 I felt incredibly sick to the very pit of my stomach. The kind of sick feeling you get when you knew something horrific was about to go down.

The intensity of it in my stomach was incredible. It was almost as if the shaking ground was depicting my rattled emotions, my vibes I was certain. I was afraid, but so, so angry. My vibes were telling me that he was near, that I was about to confront him...but who? And why...

“Miranda? Oh my god.”

I heard a very deep yet sweet, calming, and exceptionally concerned voice mumble in my ear. I could still feel a slight shake, but this time it was coming from my shoulders, someone was shaking me back to life, I’d presumed. Not the entire earth around me, like I had just felt in that dream...

Oh crap. A dream. We all knew what it meant when I had a ‘dream’. A new dream. A new premonition, perhaps? I had absolutely no idea yet what it had meant, and unfortunately for me, it was probably the least of my concerns right then.