Chapter 2: LOSER

Chapter 2: LOSER

I hardly remember the party from last night. Anything and everything not having to do with peter was a total blur. I could literally only remember talking to him and making plans with him for the next day. So when I saw him on Saturday afternoon I was sure that I wouldn’t know half of what he was talking about.

We planned to meet at Jack’s, a sandwich place near our school. Even though it’s close to school no one from school really eats there since everyone's to stuck up for cheap food. I mean its good quality food. 

Sherrie and I eat there all of time.

“Gregg over here!” I heard Peter’s voice from across the shop. He was sitting in a booth with two other guys, most likely from the swim team. They didn’t have any food in front of them so I guess he made everyone wait for me.

The reasons that I like peter, well there are so many. Sherrie I and even made a list: The Pros and Cos of liking Peter Todson. That was way back when though. Like the 9th grade. Things have defiantly been added since then. 

For example his voice, it’s beautiful. It’s like freaking Mozart playing from a mouth. He also has muscles. That swim team has defiantly been doing him some justice. And his hair it’s way different from when we were freshman. 

“Hey.” I announced shyly as I walked over to them. “What are you guys up to.” I could seriously feel myself shaking in his presence which is crazy because I don’t do that. I don’t do that with anyone except him.

“You guys this is Gregg”. He said 

“Gregg Quinn?” the guy next to him asked.

“Gregg Walsh – the guy that cheered me on, you know the reason I came in first at my last meet.” He pointed to the seat in front of him then yelled at one of the guys to move over. “Sit there Gregg”

“Isn’t his name Grayson Walsh.” Another guy said.

“It’s Gregg.” He said smiling at me with his award winning smile.

I honestly felt that he liked me. Wasn’t he doing everything someone who likes you does? He was standing up for me, and the date.

“My twin brother is Grayson.” I smiled at him. “I think it’s very cool that someone can tell us apart.”

“Is your brother’s locker near the gym?”

“Yeah, how’d you know?”

“Oh man.” He sighed sinking into the seat. “Gregg I am so sorry.”

“What? What's wrong?” I seriously didn’t know what was going on. 

What was he apologizing for? Did he have to leave or something?

“I thought you were your brother.” He covered his face embarrassed. 

I should be the one feeling embarrassed. I agreed to go on a date with him. 

“I’m really sorry but could you put in a good word for me. I really like your brother.”

The only thing I could do was blink and nod; in fact I'm pretty sure that my eyes were tearing up.

My heart was literary shattered into a million pieces. Everyone thought the sound of things crashing came from the new waiter, but it was clearly from inside of my chest. I really like him, I have for so long, and here I find out that he likes my brother.

“Gregg are you ok?” I heard one of the guys ask. “Y-you’re crying.”

He was right I was crying.

“You dumb ass you made him cry. I mean he came here for a reason. Clearly he likes you.”

“I said sorry I didn’t know”

Peter Todson is a LOSER. I hate him. I’ve had every single class with him since the 9th grade and he can’t even tell the difference between me and my brother. I was his partner all last year in science and I he didn’t even know who I was. I spent two years thinking about him and on my first ever date with him I find out that he likes my brother.

“What’s wrong with you?” Grayson said walking into my room and grabbing one of my belts.

“You can’t wear my belt.” I wiped the tears from my eyes and yanked it from him.

“Why not you’re not going back out, and I don’t know where mine is.” he grabbed it back from me.

“Peter can’t tell the difference between us that’s why.”

“So what and I’m sure he doesn’t identify people by the belts that they wear. Since when do you think I care about Peter Todson?”

“Since he likes you!!! What did you do for him to like you?”

“Peter likes me? Since when?” He was blushing.

My brother is very popular among the guys at our school. I guess its cause he’s slept with a few of them and brags about it. Maybe that’s why peter likes him. Maybe he doesn’t want a virgin.

“You don’t still like him right?” 

“You can’t just stop liking someone Gray. I don’t want to like him anymore especially after how he humiliated me.”

“What the hell happened at that restaurant?”