Chapter 10

Hey everyone! This is just a reminder of my promise from the last chapter, so we are going to start with Renee's POV back at the party.

*****************************

*Renee'e POV*

I giggled. "That's really funny," I told him after he finished describing one of his bus trips back from an away basketball game.

"Yeah," Sean said as he leaned against the wall. "Do you play any sports?"

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm more into art."

He nodded. "That's nice," he commented, not asking me any questions on the subject.

We were quiet for a moment and I nervously took a sip of my drink. "Do you wanna dance?" I asked him.

He shrugged before setting his beer bottle down on a table beside him. "Sure."

I couldn't help the smile that erupted on my face as I pulled him onto the dance floor, I noticed everyone was moving back. 

I looked around at everyone, irritated that they were getting in the way of my dance with Sean. Then I realized that they were watching someone. I shoved my way through the crowd to get a closer look. I smiled when I saw Lilah dancing in the center. I cupped my hands around my mouth and cheered for her. It's about time she let loose a little bit. And her dress looked perfect on her. I cast a glance towards the boy dancer too. I was shocked to see that it was Carter. I was even more shocked to see that he was actually good at it.

And just then, his eyes caught mine and he sent me a wink. I rolled my eyes. What a player. Suddenly, he drew Lilah near and threw her into the air. Did they plan this out? The shocked look on Lilah's face once she landed told me they hadn't. I cheered along with the rest of the crowd until a slow song came on. 

This is the perfect oppurtunity to dance with Sean! I would find Lilah and squeal with her about her awesome dance moves later. I turned around but he was no where in sight. I frowned. Where did he go? I thought he was right behind me?

I sighed as I maneuvered my way through the dancing crowd. I looked around slowly, trying to get a glimpse of every face in the room. I frowned when I saw him talking to some blonde bimbo. She flipped her hair to one side as she listened to what he was saying. I was about to make my way over there but someone slid in front of me, blocking my path.

"Hey, I'm Carter, you're Renee, right?" I looked up to see a cocky smirk and a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yup, now if you will move," I said as I tried to step around him but he stepped to the side that he was still in my way.

"Why such tough love?" he said as he placed a hand over his heart, feigning hurt.

I clenched my fists. "Would you please just get out of my way?!" I looked over his shoulder to see Sean taking the blonde girl's hand and leading her out onto the dance floor. I sighed, feeling suddenly deflated. Great, this idiot here just ruined my chances with Sean.

Carter looked behind him in confusion before shaking it off and turning back to me. "So, would you like to dance?" he asked, a bit too seductively for my taste.

I narrowed my eyes. "Not with you," I said as I looked back over to see the blonde pressed up against him as he held her close.

"Aw come on," he said as he took a step closer to me. "I know you saw me dancing out there. So I know you know I'm good," he said before leaning in closer, causing me to bend backwards. "I'm also good at other things," he whispered.