Epilogue

One Year Later

"Alright, you can open your eyes now," Reece said.

I opened them to find a pathway of lights through his backyard. I walked down them until we reached a hammock. Lights wound around the two tree holding it up. It was beautiful.

I rose an eyebrow. "What is all of this?"

He sat down on the hammock before swinging his legs over and grabbing my hand. I tugged me down so that I was laying beside him, swaying gently back and forth. I laid my head on his chest as he wound his arm around me and I looked up at the night sky that was filled with stars.

"I read somewhere that you loved stargazing, and that you thought lights were very romantic," he told me.

I laughed. "Oh did you now?" 

"Yes, and I was saving this valuable piece of information for something special."

"You didn't have to do all of this, Reece," I told him.

He just shook his head. "I wanted to."

I smiled and looked back up at the stars.

A lot had changed in a year.

I had officially ruined Malissa's modeling career since my punch made her nose crooked and no doctor on the planet would be able to fix it.

My mother's men's line plummeted and basically destroyed her company. Now she just sits at home eating potato chips and watching Project Runway all day. 

My father helped Reece out MAJORLY by convincing the judges that since Reece and I had managed to scrape up enough money to pay all of the damages to the car from my dance job and his fighting, that he didn't need to go to a juvenile detention center. Yes, Reece still had to do some community service but no one was complaining.

Carter finally won Renee over completely and they have been going out for several months. Carter's dance crew is gaining popularity and they even let me dance with them sometimes. Renee and Devon were actually accepted to the same art school and they honestly won't shut up about it.

Aria, the one who usually all of the guys ask out, actually asked Devon out herself! Of course he said yes and they've went on a couple dates since then.

Reece has stopped fighting and got a job at Macados. Thankfully that waitress Betsy has retired and no longer works there. Having that kind of competition would just stress me out. (Wink, wink). Reece also joined the baseball team this year. After everyone got over the shock and annoyance that he made it on the team, he easily became the school's star player. I remember writing in the notebook once that I would never date a jock, and my friends decided they would tease me about it until I died.

Anyway, at his last game, Reece found out that a scout was there, who has been contacting him ever since. I think playing baseball also helped cheer up his mom. Because she hasn't been drinking and has been able to keep a steady job for almost a year. She and I go to every game and I have grown incredibly close to her, because she treats me as if I were her daughter.

I have been accepted at a few universities for dance but haven't decided where I would like to go just yet. I've been keeping up my health and my confidence has been at an all time high with my friends supporting me.

"Reece."

"Hmm?"

"Remember when we ate dinner at Macados for the first time?" I asked.

"Are you really going to brag about that eating contest again?"

I giggled. "No. I was actually going to ask you if you remembered the questions you promised me."

"I do," he responded.

"Well I know what I want my last question to be," I told him, slowly building up my courage.

We had been dating for a year. Things were great, and I was falling hard for him. The problem was, it was all so new to me, and I knew this sort of thing wasn't new to him. 

"Ok, ask away."

I took a deep breath. Time to step off the ledge. "I want to know how you truly feel about me."

He turned over on his side that he was fully facing me.

"Lilah, I-"

"Remember, only the truth. No lies," I reminded him nervously.

His eyebrows furrowed. "Lilah, I wouldn't lie to you, especially not about this," he said as he ran his thumb over my cheek.

"It's just that, I know you've dated a lot of people and that we've only been dating for a year, and that we'll both be heading off to college soon which will make this relationship harder and-"

He put his finger on my lips, silencing me. "Lilah," he breathed. "I love you."

I let out a small sigh of relief and smiled. 

"And I don't need easy," Reece continued. "Easy is too simple to find."

I rose an eyebrow. "And what have you 'found'?"

"Something extraordinary," he told me as he pecked me on the lips. "And I'm never," another peck. "Letting," another peck, but slower. "Her," even slower, which had me leaning towards him. "Go," he whispered before he kissed me completely.

"I love you too," I said once we pulled away.

A large smile spread across his face and even now I still felt a wave of electricity when seeing it.

"Am I interrupting something?" a voice said from behind us.

We both jolted and looked up, causing the hammock to sway violently before flipping us over completely.

I landed on Reece again and we both groaned in pain before looking up at his mom.

We looked at each other and laughed. I guess some things never change.

The End

***************************

Ok, so I know this was a crappy epilogue but the only purpose of this was to address any final questions about characters. 

So yes, this story is actually over now. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read it! Without you guys I probably wouldn't have even bothered to finish it. But I had fun writing it!

Now I will be moving on to my next story which I really hope you guys check out.

I don't think I'm going to do a sequel for this, and if I do it won't really be a sequel, it will be a separate story about either Aria and Devon, or Renee and Carter. SO YEAH. But you guys have to tell me if you want it or not, because I won't write it if you don't want it.

ANYWAY, YOU GUYS ROCK! Thank you SO MUCH for reading and commenting and voting!