Attacked

Attacked

-----------------------------------

Regan

Jessica and Sarah are coming over to have dinner with me to night. Ryder is letting us have the apartment and he's going to spend some time with Jonathan and the kids.

Damian hugged me and kissed me before I left to go home. When I got there, I threw my purse on the couch and went to my room to change into a pair of jeans and an old sweatshirt. I sat down at the kitchen table and started looking through the mail. I had a couple of bills and the rest was junk mail.

I started making dinner because they would be here in thirty minutes. When there was a knock at the door, I turned the stove off and washed my hands. The person knocking started banging on the door. I thought they were going to break it down. I yelled "coming!" The banging got louder and I yelled "hold on a minute!"

I opened the door and found a guy standing there. He was wearing all black with gloves and a ski mask. I took a step back and he started walking towards me. I screamed and he smacked me. I fell to the ground. He hit, kicked, smacked, and beat the shit out of me. As he walked away, darkness took over and I passed out.

Damian

As I was getting in my car to go home, my phone started ringing and the caller ID told me it was Jonathan. I answered the phone and said "hello." Jonathan said "Regan's in the hospital. She was attacked in her apartment. Jessica and Sarah found her." I said "okay, I'll be there as soon as I can."

After I hung up I threw my phone in the passenger seat and leaned my head against the steering wheel. A tear ran down my cheek at the thought of Regan in the hospital.

I raced to the hospital and my family was already there. My eyes were red and puffy from crying and my dad noticed. He pulled me into a hug and said "she'll be fine Damian."

We waited for another thirty minutes before the doctor walked into the waiting room. He asked "who is here for Regan Carson?" We all stood up and my mother asked "how is she?" The doctor said "she has a couple broken ribs and bruises all over her body. She has a concussion and she'll have a head ace for the next few weeks. Right now she's slipping in and out of consciousness."

We all stayed quiet until Lucy asked the question we all wanted to know that answer to. Lucy asked "was she......raped?" The doctor said "thankfully no." I visibly relaxed. My father asked "when can she go home?" He said "she can leave tomorrow. You can go see her now."

The doctor led us to her room but I couldn't go inside. Derek stayed with me and asked "what's wrong?" I shook my head and said "I can't lose her." Tears were streaming down my face. Derek pulled me into a hug. He said "you're not going to. I promise. They're are going to find whoever did this to her." I nodded my head and wiped the tears off my face. Derek said "go, Regan needs you." 

I walked into her room and everyone was gathered around her. She had bruises on her arms and she had a busted lip. All of her other bruises were covered. I was glad she was unconscious because if she wasn't she would see my puffy, red eyes. I sat in the chair next to her bed and held her hand.

After a couple of hours, a nurse came in and said "I'm sorry, but I have to ask you guys to leave. Visiting hours are over." Everyone either kissed her forehead of her cheek before leaving. I stopped at the door and asked "can I please stay with her? I'm her boyfriend, Damian, and I don't want her to wake up alone." The nurse stayed quiet for a minute before saying "you can stay." I smiled at her and said "thank you."

I ran down the hall to catch up with Derek. I asked "can you go to my apartment and pack a bag for me. I'm staying here so Regan doesn't wake up alone." Derek smiled and said "yeah." I asked "pack some of my clothes for Regan too. I'm pretty sure she won't want to put those clothes on again." He gave me a hug and said "she'll be fine Damian. She's lucky to have you. I'll go and pack some clothes for you guys."

I went back to her room and took off my jacket along with my tie and shoes. I unbuttoned the top three buttons on my shirt and sat back down in the chair next to her bed. Derek came back an hour later with my bag.

After he left, I laid my head on her bed and fell asleep only to wake up three hours later. I looked up and found Regan awake. I said "hi, beautiful." She whispered "I'm not beautiful. I have bruises all over my body, a busted lip, and broken ribs. I'm not beautiful." I moved to sit on the bed with her. I brought my hands up to her face and said "you're beautiful Regan. No matter what, I will always think you're beautiful and I will always love you."

Regan started crying. I pulled her into my arms and said "everything will be okay Regan. I promise." She nodded and fell asleep in my arms.

In the morning, I was awake before her. I grabbed my bag and went to the bathroom to change. When she woke up, a nursed came in to check on her. When the nurse was done she went to get the doctor. He said "well Regan, you can go home now. I'm prescribing some pain killers for your ribs and your concussion. I recommend you stay with someone for a few days. You should also stay at home and relax. No work for the next couple of days, Okay?" Regan nodded her head and said "okay."

The doctor left and I gave her a pair of my sweatpants and a t-shirt to wear. While she was changing her clothes, I went and sighed her out of the hospital. We left and I took her back to my apartment. When we got there, she laid down and went back to sleep. I kissed her forehead and whispered "I love you Regan. You're safe now."