Christmas Joy

Christmas Joy

----------------------------------------

Regan

Today we're putting up my Christmas tree! I love Christmas because I get to spend time with my family. I invited Jonathan over so he could help and spend time with Alex and Jasmine. I made breakfast for the four of us, then Alex and Jasmine couldn't wait to get started.

I had Alex in my arms, helping him put an ornament on the tree when my phone started ringing. Jonathan took him from my arms and I ran to the kitchen to answer my phone. The caller ID showed that it was Damian so I answered. I said "hey."

It wasn't Damian on the other end of the call. Instead it was Lauren. She said "hi Regan! I was wondering what you, Alex, and Jasmine were doing today." I said "well right now they are decorating my Christmas tree with their dad." Lauren asked "well once they're done, do they want to come over and help decorate my tree and help make Christmas cookies? My husband and the boys will be putting up the Christmas lights while Lucy and I are decorating and making the cookies. We just wanted to see if you and the kids wanted to help." I said "hold on just a minute, I'll ask them."

I walked back into the living room and asked "Alex, Jasmine, do you want to go to Mr. and Mrs. Jameson's house and make cookies and decorate their tree?" They smiled and screamed "yeah!" I put the phone back up to my ear and asked "did you hear them?" Lauren chuckled and said "yeah I heard them." I said "well I'll see you later." She said "I'll see you later. Oh, and bring your brother! We would love to meet him." I said "ok, bye."

After I hung up the phone I went back into the living room to help. I said "once we're done with the tree we can go to Mr. and Mrs. Jameson's house." Alex asked "is daddy coming with us?" I smiled and said "of course he is." I looked at my brother with a smile on my face. He grinned back at me.

We got to Mr. and Mrs. Jameson's around lunch time. When we got there Damian and his brothers were outside having a snowball fight. I helped Alex out of the car before David picked me up to use me as a shield. I screamed and covered my face with my hands. David said "you wouldn't hit your girlfriend with a snowball, would you Damian?!" Damian put his hands up and dropped the snowball. Derek came up behind Damian and said "he might not want to hit her, but I'll take my chances!" He threw the snowball at us and it hit me in the stomach.

Damian tackled Derek to the ground and David soon joined in. While they were having there little fight Jonathan cam up behind me and asked "so, you have a boyfriend?" I blushed and said "yep, you got a problem with that." He smiled and said "I just hope he isn't like Noah." I looked up at him and said "I'm pretty sure he's nothing like Noah."

We went inside after Damian and his brothers stopped fighting. Lauren greeted us at the door. She said "it's nice to see you Regan!" I smiled at her and said "it's nice to see you too." She bent down to Alex and Jasmine's height and said "you know, Lucy is in the kitchen making cookies if you want one." She looked back at us once they were gone and smiled. When she saw my brother she said "you must be Jonathan. I'm Lauren. It's so nice to finally meet you." She hugged Jonathan and he said "it's nice to meet you too."

She left us with Damian and his brothers. I said "Jonathan this is Damian, Derek, and David." He shook hands with all of them. Mark came walking out of his office and smiled at me. He asked "who is this." I said "this is my brother Jonathan." Mark smiled and said "so this is Alex and Jasmine's father. It's nice to meet you."

I'm surprised that Jonathan isn't overwhelmed with all of this. He's meeting all of these people and he isn't nervous.

Jonathan was pulled into the living room by Derek and David while Mark walked into the kitchen, leaving Damian and I alone. Damian pulled me into a hug and said "I missed you." I giggled and said "I missed you too." I leaned up to kiss his cheek but he turned his head so I would kiss his lips. He deepened the kiss after a couple minutes and lifted me off the ground. We were interrupted when Lucy said "get a room, there are children around." I burst out laughing and pulled away from Damian. I followed Lucy back into the kitchen making sure to sway my hips a little more than usual. I smirked when I heard him mumble "tease."

The boys have been outside putting up lights for the past five hours. Once we were done cooking dinner Lauren asked "Regan, can you go out and tell the boys that dinner is ready?" I nodded and put my shoes on to go outside. When I opened the door a rush of cold air hit me and I shivered. I looked up at the roof and yelled "dinner's ready!" Mark yelled "ok, can you ask Lucy to get my pliers from my tool box in the garage?"

I went back inside and grabbed my coat then went to find Lucy. I said "your dad wanted me to ask you to get the pliers from his tool box." She asked "why does he need the pliers?" I shrugged and said "I didn't ask."

Lucy grabbed the pliers and followed me outside. She asked "hey dad, why do you need the pliers?" He said "your brothers decided to start a fight up here so I stapled their pants to opposite sides of the roof so they wouldn't kill each other." Lucy and I started laughing. I heard Damian yell "it's not funny!" I yelled back "it kind of is!"

While Mark was taking the staples out of Damian's pant I made a snow ball and hid it behind my back. Once he was on the ground, he turned towards Derek to say something. Before he could I threw the snowball and hit him in the back of the head. Snow went down the back of his shirt and he started jumping up and down trying to get out. I started laughing at him. He turned towards me and said "come here." I shook my head and said "I think I'll pass." He started walking in my direction and he repeated "come here." He had a goofy grin on his face and I knew he was going to come after me. I turned around and started to run towards the house. Before I could get to the door, he caught up to me and spun me around.

We were laughing so hard that we didn't see everyone go inside. He turned me around so I was facing him. He smiled down at me and his eyes were filled with love. His arms pulled me to his chest and he kissed me. I smiled into the kiss as he lifted me off the ground. We were interrupted when Derek opened the door and yelled "are you guys coming inside to eat or what?" Damian's arms got tighter around my waist. He asked "what's with people interrupting us today?" I giggled and said "I don't know but let's go inside. It's freezing out here." He gave me one last kiss before pulling me inside.