Part 9

(To PENMANSHIP20, ui.. thank you naman sa pagbuibuild up mo sakin.. ahaha.. pinapalaki mo ulo ko! haha.. salamat sa support ha?? galingan mo din sa pagsusulat mo :)) good luck! hehe)

(Uhm.. fight fight muna ha? sadista ako eh. haha.. mainis muna tayoooooooo)

Chapter 23

“Saraaaa---” a loud vibrating shriek welcomed us as the huge wooden door opened…

…but then it slowly faded into a weak suspicious “---aah”, ending my wife’s name.

Rachel Ann’s eyes squinted and her gaze turns to me.

I swallow hard.

“Shin!” Sarah called and pulled her to an embrace, still with Rachel’s piercing glare right at me. “Congratulations” my wife softly adds.

“Sars!” Yeng excitedly came close and stops just before she could meet us. Again, her eyes fixated on me.

What is it with their stares?!

Sarah pulls out from Rachel and hugs Yeng tightly. “Namiss ko kayo!” she announces as Mark, Erik, Jimmy and Christian approached her.

“Oi! Andito na si---” Mark stops when Sarah distanced herself from Yeng. They look at her, and then at me… all their eyes straight at me.

“Gerald” Rachel acknowledges, getting me a slight nod from everybody.

“Hey…” I hesitantly speak.

There was a brief moment of silence, just them throwing me questioning stares and I, immobile on my spot. Instantly, I knew I was in for a long night with all her friends.

“Ah…” a man steps in and introduces himself to Sarah.

“Bf ko nga pala Sars… si… Yan”

I heard my wife chuckle.

“Yan-Yeng… Yeng-Yan… hihi” Thank heavens for her chuckle, that was the only sound that broke the ice.

Rachel then pats my shoulder. “Tara…” she invites giving me a threatening squeeze and I enter her home, Sarah walking ahead of all of us. I keep my head down after introducing myself to Yeng’s boyfriend. At least I wasn’t the only ‘odd man out’ in this group, which I won’t probably feel if Sarah and I were in good terms… but we’re not… and there’s no other place I feel worst about myself than here… here with all her rich singer friends like herself.

They could probably buy my house too in just a snap… just like what she did… just like my Sarah…

Thank God for Yan, that is. He’s my saving grace. He doesn’t look like one of the guys on TV, he doesn’t dress fancy too. There’s a small chance he could be like me.

“Sushi!” I suddenly hear Sarah exclaim.

Err…

“I love you!” she says towards Rachel Ann with a smile I could easily tell she’s faking. And then I remember… it’s that easy to tell how Sarah’s feeling simply by looking at her.

She’s sad and it’s written all over her face… most especially her eyes.

Her acting doesn’t work when she’s with actual people… in real life, she’s the worst actress there is, because in here, she has no script… no director to follow.

She can’t lie…

“Our favorite…” Rachel responds trying to encourage a smile and I could see my wife frown.